Balanced Recruiting

mianjomar

Junior
I look forward to the day we can get back to balanced recruiting as opposed to recruiting in bunches. This year we need db's and wr's next year dt's. Last cycle we needed ol's. When we were winning we just reloaded every year across all positions. Of course this isn't always going to happen even in the best of times but when all positions are covered you can cherry pick more efficiently.

Advertisement
While you worried about depth I see us building a machine. Trust me south florida and the nation is taking notice miami is getting back to being scary.

It runs in cycles. Attrition and sh*t happens which makes you alter plans on how many players of each postion you may take in a class. Some guys simply don't pan out that you once projected would

I think you need to consider what's in our back yard and take advantage of it. 2018 is loaded with dB's some years it's running backs others receivers etc. You need to load up on the local studs and try to balance it out as you go.

While you worried about depth I see us building a machine. Trust me south florida and the nation is taking notice miami is getting back to being scary.

You should be worried about depth the ****.

We wouldn't be needing to take Grad Transfers if we had depth.

Advertisement
Gonna take at least 3 classes. We seem to forget where we were at about 17 months ago. Can only rebuild once a year. We getting there, to reloading that is.

It's obvious that the talent level is still not where it needs to be. It takes time to restructure an entire roster. 10+ years of poor coaching and mediocre recruiting have left us with a bunch of holes that can't be filled in one or two cycles. The coaches seem to be doing a good job of identifying areas of weakness and attacking those positions in recruiting. It takes time to get a roster to the point where you can pick and choose what positions you want to recruit during any given year. It's getting there but not quite there yet.

Advertisement
Back