Baker>>>>>Lashlee Tonight

Advertisement
IT ALL STARTS WITH OL ON O.

Are they improved from last season, yes, but that is the lowest benchmark possible.

Are they capable with this unit to take on Clemson, hardly and never will be.

Lashlee and Justice are showing, amd earning tje fact, that they need more time to get the right assets in place.

Tonight wasn't the top to bottom disaster I feared.

There is a ray of light.

I get that we were playing the literal best QB and RB tandem in the country, so context is everything. I really do get it.

But to look at the defense that was on the field all night tonight and think "Yeah... pretty good. Not amazing, but doing just fine." is borderline insane.

It really didn't even matter what the distance was on the 3rd down, they converted at will. Our DBs were out of position. McCloud was completely lost the entire game. Our DEs were undisciplined and we were rushed and screened to the edges for an entire half. Throw in undisciplined penalty after penalty and it could EASILY have gotten out of hand even more than it did.

I'm not excusing Lashlee nor the offense at all but the D tonight was in no way shape or form "fine".
Guys were in position to make plays and didn’t. ETN long TD, Roche sets the edge and McCloud gets blown the F up. Ivey slows down when he has the sideline and the gets burnt.

Everyone over pursues and they throw a throwback screen. Don’t get me started on the missed tackles. At some point players have to step up. Bolden and Phillips were really the only dudes who could start for both teams

i like lashlee and think the offense will be good against the rest of our schedule but the guy straight up laid an egg tonight. F grade. we didn't have a single well designed or well executed play to get the ball in the hands of our actual playmakers (TEs, RBs). to think we could show up and run up the middle and throw to our outside WRs... just really disappointing stuff. no screens, no misdirection, no getting the defense flowing one way and throwing back the other. clemson actually called plays on offense like they had the worse players... they had the well executed misdirection screen pass to get themselves a TD. every single time we needed a good play call tonight lashlee came up empty. no other way to put it.

Uh, we tried all of that, but it all got blown up and Clemson play sound football. They didn't get sucked into the bs most other teams fall into or over pursue. Screens, lol, they were out there murking our guys.

Again, our defense played better than our offense and our defense sucked tonight. So anybody who thinks Lashlee doesn't deserve criticism is biased as *****...

Advertisement
I get that we were playing the literal best QB and RB tandem in the country, so context is everything. I really do get it.

But to look at the defense that was on the field all night tonight and think "Yeah... pretty good. Not amazing, but doing just fine." is borderline insane.

It really didn't even matter what the distance was on the 3rd down, they converted at will. Our DBs were out of position. McCloud was completely lost the entire game. Our DEs were undisciplined and we were rushed and screened to the edges for an entire half. Throw in undisciplined penalty after penalty and it could EASILY have gotten out of hand even more than it did.

I'm not excusing Lashlee nor the offense at all but the D tonight was in no way shape or form "fine".
I know it’s difficult to not twist my words to make your point, but maybe try harder next time before labeling my opinion “borderline insane”. I said the D was “not good”. Not “pretty good”.

If your takeaway from tonight was that Baker’s issues weren’t worse than Lashlee’s you are not insane, you are simply wrong.

Advertisement
Uh, we tried all of that, but it all got blown up and Clemson play sound football. They didn't get sucked into the bs most other teams fall into or over pursue. Screens, lol, they were out there murking our guys.
we tried throwing screens to jeremiah payton. we had no plays get the ball to brevin, mallory, cam, knighton, or chaney in space--via screen passes or otherwise. i promise you teams with worse players will actually manage to run successful plays on clemson this year.

Lashlee's KISS principle so far works against mongoloid defenses. So basically in four games against terrible defenses we look borderline great. Against a great defense or at least great DC we look like a high school offense.

So far, we beat the teams we are supposed to beat which is an improvement. Against a great DC or defense, that requires more intelligence than the KISS principle and advanced scheming it is a gigantic question mark.
Pretty much.

The tempo of Lashlee's offence is it's biggest strength, but if you can't get out of first gear like tonight then you're going to struggle. Just one receiver (TE or WR) making a play would have made Clemson have to adjust. They just sold out to stop the run and manned up on our WRs.

I don't know where Mallory and Jordan were in the game plan.

Advertisement
I know it’s difficult to not twist my words to make your point, but maybe try harder next time before labeling my opinion “borderline insane”. I said the D was “not good”. Not “pretty good”.

If your takeaway from tonight was that Baker’s issues weren’t worse than Lashlee’s you are not insane, you are simply wrong.
Who's the one twisting words? I never made any sort of comparison that Baker's issues aren't as bad as Lashlee's. I said explicitly that Lashlee isn't excused but that Baker's D is in no way "fine", that's all.

we tried throwing screens to jeremiah payton. we had no plays get the ball to brevin, mallory, cam, knighton, or chaney in space--via screen passes or otherwise. i promise you teams with worse players will actually manage to run successful plays on clemson this year.

Virginia already played them better than we did.

I'm telling you man, just don't watch the play where the ball ks, watch what's going on everywhere. They were literally covering everything and beating us like a bunch of ******* on every down. Even when we had something short and underneath, they were right there with us. Their players are so much more disciplined and physical it isn't even funny. Their second team would smoke us. Third team, maybe we could beat.

i don't think anything you're saying means that lashlee couldn't have tried to get the ball in the hands of our best players instead of routinely trying to get the ball in the hands of our worst players. he had a complete failure of imagination tonight, i don't think that's arguable.

Advertisement
He adjusted. His mistake was keeping McCloud on the field. His defense kept Miami from getting completely run off the field like in the past.

Lashlee looked like a guy who came from a D-2 school and didn’t gameplan. Reminded me of the water boy HC tonight. Brent ate his lunch all night and he couldn’t come up with anything but throw it deep and hope for a prayer!
Agreed. I'm not going to complain too much about the defense today. They were at least playing hard and competing. Forced a turnover and probably should have had more. Got after Lawrence a bit. You just can't have all those 3 and outs, no defense can deal with being on the field all game.

Drunk is what you are if 42 points and 500+ yards is fine lol.

the defense will “flash” plays EVERY SINGLE GAME. Just off the aggressive scheme. They are always going to make “some plays”

This defense was trash and the offense was too.

That is really what bothers me here. Lesser teams have at least moved the ball and scored some points on these guys, and you'll see that as the season goes on.

Clemson was the superior team from start to finish. Not sure what Lashlee could of called that would of got our WRs some separation. We have a Longggg way to go before we can beat a team with two Heisman candidates and a defense full of 5Star athletes.

Hopefully the younger players now understand how much work it's going to take to be on that level.
I wouldn't say that! Because we were getting themin down and distance but killed our selves. Alot of what ifs. 4th down play Roche lined up offsides. All the 3rd and longs with stupid penalties to negate stops. We had chances and squander them period. We did not run anything that made us sucessful this year.

Advertisement
Back