Bain, Flagg, and the D

SayWhat

Sophomore
Premium
Bain was sensational. The defense by and large won that game.

Gotta repost what I did though to give Flagg credit on that last play.

Flagg gets a lot of hate, but that play was a perfect example of experience over youth.

Wesley got sucked in, fell for the fake, didn't even take on a blocker. He was in the right place to make that stop at the end, but he didn't contain.

Flagg, he wasn't falling for that ****. He played contain, didn't get sucked up, and that's experience as well as discipline.

Great f'ing play. If he came up, like we do a lot, Cade walks in and we're a 2 pt conversion from a 3rd OT.

Offense was a **** show most of the game (I'm not putting that on the players though, keeping it positive here) and clock management was atrocious. Still, we overcame it all and the turning point was when our hand was forced, they had to give Mr. Williams some slack.

Going to keep it at that. No need to rehash the negatives, just enjoy the win tonight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Wesley got sucked in, fell for the fake, didn't even take on a blocker. He was in the right place to make that stop at the end, but he didn't contain.

Flagg, he wasn't falling for that ****. He played contain, didn't get sucked up, and that's experience as well as discipline.

I don't think WB got sucked in at all, looked like a natural gap exchange between Him & Flagg. Wesley showed some makeup speed despite the fact, I think He would've caught Klubnik if Flagg didn't.

I don't think WB got sucked in at all, looked like a natural gap exchange between Him & Flagg. Wesley showed some makeup speed despite the fact, I think He would've caught Klubnik if Flagg didn't.
He didn't. He and flag agreed to assignments pre snap. They knew it was coming. Wes had him if he cut in. Flag had contain

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wes got sucked in, point blank. He literally just had to stand there, set the edge, and Cade ran right by him outside.
LOL no. It was perfectly disguised defensive call. Wes was told to fool the QB by faking inside. All the while Flagg jumped out to take on the QB if he bit on the fake. Guidry the GAWD. Wes did what he was coached to do.

Offensive play calling helped the D
As conservative as it was
A 9 min drive is a defenses best friend
Oline was **** good down the stretch

We were down 17-7!!!! And came back!!!!
I watched the Clemson post game of Dabo. He was very humble giving all the credit to Miami sayingMiwmi deserved to win because they outplayed them emphasizing the 4th quarter dominant comeback running the ball.

LOL no. It was perfectly disguised defensive call. Wes was told to fool the QB by faking inside. All the while Flagg jumped out to take on the QB if he bit on the fake. Guidry the GAWD. Wes did what he was coached to do.
Go back and watch the second series of the game. Same exact disguise on the read option play. 31 is on the edge and crashes down. 51 pops out and becomes the edge. Klubnik never saw it coming because once he saw 31 crash he thought he had wide open space. Brilliant play design by Guidry.

Advertisement
Back