Bad offensive plays...

fraggle

Senile Senior
is when dumb old me knows what the next play is, I'm right and it fails. On defense dumb old me knows what the offense will run and it works for our opponent. I love surprises, wish I had a few today but I was right 90 percent of the time. Not too keen on our future unless we see changes in the staff, I am keen on our talent but what a waste by our coaches. Didn't Mario get a ton of money to hire the BEST coaches and this is what we get?

Advertisement
is when dumb old me knows what the next play is, I'm right and it fails. On defense dumb old me knows what the offense will run and it works for our opponent. I love surprises, wish I had a few today but I was right 90 percent of the time. Not too keen on our future unless we see changes in the staff, I am keen on our talent but what a waste by our coaches. Didn't Mario get a ton of money to hire the BEST coaches and this is what we get?
Disagree

It's ...a......bowl....game

Cristobal tried to hire an all star team of P5 coaches in year 1 but it failed miserably because everyone had different agendas and at least one coach (Gattis) had success because others did his job. Then he went 180 degrees and hired all G5 coordinators. I think it was because he wanted coaches who would be a little bit grateful and would march to his orders without question.

He has to find a middle ground and find more accomplished coordinators who are on the same page but arent afraid to push back. Saban and Kiffin were at each other's throats, but Saban let Kiffin do his job without much interference because Kiffin did his job really well.

It's one big reason I want Dorsey as OC. He's got the credentials, would obviously be all in with getting UM to the next level, and doesn't seem like the type who would have a problem telling Cristobal to f#ck off and let him do his job.

I'm with you. The 4th and 2 call, I knew it was going to be another stupid run up the middle. Why? Cause is usually is. We have a 220lb mobile QB in the game, God forbid they let him run the ball and make a play.

Advertisement
Not sure what amount of money can make up for Mario

Advertisement
11803562.jpg

Some people have a crystal ball.
You my friend have a crystal knee.

Valid points. 4th and 2 and I felt my blood draining even before the snap.

I'm with you. The 4th and 2 call, I knew it was going to be another stupid run up the middle. Why? Cause is usually is. We have a 220lb mobile QB in the game, God forbid they let him run the ball and make a play.
Best part is before the timeout by Rutgers we showed 4 wide. Then after we came out ready to run up the middle for the thousand time this year. Mario had to be the one who made the change cause Dawson had other ideas initially. And there you see our problem. Mario meddling to much w play calls

This is the brand of football Mario wants…he doesn’t like to score points for some reason he wants to control the clock and maybe win it in overtime
This sounds almost like you are being hyperbolic but it's absolutely true. The guy just doesn't like to score points. He wants to drain the clock and maybe score 17-21 points. That's why after the first 4 games of the season when we were scoring a ton of points he couldn't shut that down fast enough. The guy is fried in the head. There is something very wrong with him and he is going to drag the entire program down with him.

Advertisement
-Seems like, and I hope it's not the case, that S. Dawson's continuity is drawn from MC's experience with Josh Gattis: the idea that there isn't the toxicity among coordinators/staff that there used to be, coupled with the effect of having to revamp the coordinator staff appear to be influencing MC to remain committed to Dawson despite the often predictable and unproductive play calling...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back