Bad high school Stats = Bad QB

Advertisement
I can’t believe people can watch that corner route touchdown to Harley, the missile he threw in the fourth to covert that long 3rd down, and that touchdown run all during his first P5 start and say he sucks.

NFL level arm, he’s can and should be legit.
And had zero help from the oline in first half. Deceptively fast on that td run.

side note:rooster needs to be rb1 not cam

how in the **** does anyone know what Garcia would’ve done? Cause he went off against a live scrimmage against CCSU? A couple spring games where QBs aren’t getting hit? Look, I want the best QB to lead the Canes, but you guys are ridiculous. TVD started poorly (the play calling didn’t help) but he practically led the team to victory,until DiAss f*caked it away.

Stop torturing youse believing Garcia would’ve won the game. You don’t know. For,all,we know, he would’ve thrown a few Int’s.

he’s out until Nov, so,we’re stuck with TVD. Let’s hope he can get better as the season goes on. Next year, the new coaching staff will play the best man for sure 😀

UNC 699 yards. 59 points

Wake Forrest 473 yards. 37 points (@UVA)

Canes 372 yards 28 points
team america vomit GIF

Advertisement
how in the **** does anyone know what Garcia would’ve done? Cause he went off against a live scrimmage against CCSU? A couple spring games where QBs aren’t getting hit? Look, I want the best QB to lead the Canes, but you guys are ridiculous. TVD started poorly (the play calling didn’t help) but he practically led the team to victory,until DiAss f*caked it away.

Stop torturing youse believing Garcia would’ve won the game. You don’t know. For,all,we know, he would’ve thrown a few Int’s.

he’s out until Nov, so,we’re stuck with TVD. Let’s hope he can get better as the season goes on. Next year, the new coaching staff will play the best man for sure 😀
Because he's the new backup/best QB on the roster. Dumbass.

Some of you guys are missing the point of the thread…. Guys who aren’t dominant in high school - definitely don’t dominate in college.

He makes some great throws but is stuck on read one. If we schemes the guy open he hit him but he looked rattled when it wasn’t there. Doesn’t seem to get it quite yet at full speed

Advertisement
UNC has #1 college QB according to Pro Football Focus, Wake Forest has #21 ranked QB. I don’t think comparing TVD in his second start to these two is quite fair.
The point is the UVA defense is awful. They’re also terrible against the run.

UNC has #1 college QB according to Pro Football Focus, Wake Forest has #21 ranked QB. I don’t think comparing TVD in his second start to these two is quite fair.

I agree but I wasnt comparing the QB's. Simply pointing out that UVA's defense is not good. QB's aside, UNC rushed for 392 yards against UVA. Wake rushed for 205.

Our O line was the real liability in this game IMO.

I agree but I wasnt comparing the QB's. Simply pointing out that UVA's defense is not good. QB's aside, UNC rushed for 392 yards against UVA. Wake rushed for 205.

Our O line was the real liability in this game IMIMO.i
It is and has been for a long time

Advertisement
The body language & confidence concerns seemed noticeable in TVD but he improved mightily throughout the course of the game. He missed some easier throws but connected on some big time NFL type ones. Needs consistency but overall did alright considering it's his first ever start behind a trash o line.

Advertisement
Any bashing TVD after watching him grow in the second half is unwarranted. He wasn’t put in the best position starting out. Didn’t call any plays to get him comfortable. But he overcame, kept his composure and balled out. Manny soft *** didn’t take one shot to end it with 1:30 left.

Negatives:

—Doesn’t have a good throwing motion. Wide, slow release.

—Looked slow, robotic and ineffective the first half.

Positives:

—Gained confidence in the second half after hitting some big throws down the field.

—Had me scratching my head wondering what I just watched on that long TD run.

—Put his team in position to win the game.
Forgot to add in the positive side that TVD didn’t turn the ball over at all. That’s not an easy thing to do for guy making his first start. I was ready to give up on him in the first half, but he did make progress.

He needs a new HC and AD, though…

He makes some great throws but is stuck on read one. If we schemes the guy open he hit him but he looked rattled when it wasn’t there. Doesn’t seem to get it quite yet at full speed
Stuck on read one? You just didn’t see the third down completion to Rambo.

His mechanics are atrocious for a P5 QB.

Kudos to him for gutting it out and giving the team a shot at the end.

The fans like Garcia because in spite of his limited action seems to be a more prototypical polished qb.

Advertisement
Back