Back to work

Advertisement
I’m not worried about Mario fixing the bad culture, nor am I worried about him bringing in talent..

My worries is bad hires.. his idea of what an offense should look and play like.

His completely poor clock management.

His QBs looking worse when playing for him.

He has so much work to do on himself, that I’m afraid he may be too stubborn to fix it.

I’m not worried about Mario fixing the bad culture, nor am I worried about him bringing in talent..

My worries is bad hires.. his idea of what an offense should look and play like.

He has so much work to do on himself, that I’m afraid he may be too stubborn to fix them.
Those faults are gonna hurt him accomplish his strengths.. He doesnt see anything wrong with his philosophy so dont expect that to change and if he still burning Timeouts after this many years that wont change either..

He has so much work to do on himself, that I’m afraid he may be too stubborn to fix it.
Hopefully Zo can help him with that self reflection. Speak that 💯 realness.

Advertisement
He better fire gattis and steele. Go modern offense and make good hires. If hes stubborn hes doomed at miami.

Next year could be worse than this year based on the schedule.
3-9 or 4-8.
5-7 ceiling.
Miss me w any sunshine.
OLINE and entire defense gonna magically improve w some portal cast-offs?
Tf croots who don't laugh n leave are gonna shine?

Advertisement

100% fair…needs to nail his hires, and while I have faith he’ll make changes…idk if they’ll be the right ones.

We’ll find out shortly.

I completely agree 100% with this take. I’m hoping for an experienced OC with a large enough pedigree to take some of that out of Mario’s hands.

Advertisement

I'll say it again for everyone in the back. He needs to literally fire everyone including his buddies. Not that anyone in particular are bad coaches but he's forcing his guys onto coordinators.

The only way Mario will succeed is a clean slate, manage recruiting/culture/whatever, nail OC and DC hires, let them bring position coaches in that fit their philosophy and get the **** out of the way

I'll say it again for everyone in the back. He needs to literally fire everyone including his buddies. Not that anyone in particular are bad coaches but he's forcing his guys onto coordinators.

The only way Mario will succeed is a clean slate, manage recruiting/culture/whatever, nail OC and DC hires, let them bring position coaches in that fit their philosophy and get the **** out of the way
Ponce is his buddy and he’s gone. At least there won’t be any clinging to friends under Mario.

Now making the right hires…that remains to be seen.

3-9 or 4-8.
5-7 ceiling.
Miss me w any sunshine.
OLINE and entire defense gonna magically improve w some portal cast-offs?
Tf croots who don't laugh n leave are gonna shine?
This was my prediction a couple of weeks ago:

2023: 4-8 (more talented, but younger and too weak)
2024: 6-6 (more talented, close losses)
2025: 7-5 (peak talent, offensive philosophy retrograde)
2026: 5-7 (minimalistic QB play, talent decline
2027: 6-6
2028: 4-8

Advertisement
I'm talking Mirabal, Feld, etc as well.
Feld I could agree with you. I don’t think Mirabal did anything wrong - besides our line sucks.

All I needed to see was Oregon’s line over the years (including this year) to know we’ll be fine up front.

Feld I could agree with you. I don’t think Mirabal did anything wrong - besides our line sucks.

All I needed to see was Oregon’s line over the years (including this year) to know we’ll be fine up front.

I'm not saying Mirabal is a bad coach. But if his OL teaching doesn't mesh with the OC the results the same. He needs a clean slate.

Advertisement
Back