Back and forth on Manny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read the sentiment about some people close to the Miami situation being sick and tired of constant regime changes, I can’t help but think, “We wouldn’t have to keep changing coaches if you’d quit giving the job to unqualified people!” I honestly feel that the decision which is about to be made regarding our head coach situation could be one of, if not THE most important decision the school has ever made. Many people feel The U has already become irrelevant and it’s too late to save us, but I think we have a real shot to return to prominence IF we bring in Mario or Kiffin. To contrast that, if they’re dumb enough to bring back Manny then I truly believe that will be the nail in the coffin. This is why I agree with those who say they’re done if they bring back Manny. We’ve given this University chance after chance after chance to do the right thing, and they continuously find a way to eff it up.

Advertisement
Stevenson will greatly enjoy playing for a coach who isn’t an idiot. And he’s probably nfl bound anyway so his opinion doesn’t matter a ton

MANNY IS NOT A HEAD COACH AT ALL AND HIS DEFENSE THE PAST 2 YEARS HAS BEEN **** POOR. ENOUGH SAID AND HE NEEDS TO GO SECONDS AFTER THE DUKE GAME. INTERIM HEAD COACH FOR THE BOWL GAME AND NEVER LOOK BACK!

Game Master Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

Can't decide how I truly feel about Manny returning next year as UM head coach.
Last night I was ready to post a blog about the FSU game being a sign from above, that it would be in the best interest of both Manny and UM to part ways.
Then, when I read the blog by Tyrique Stevenson, who we know also played for Kirby. We see that these players respect and play very hard for Manny. They believe what he is teaching them. Also, other players have made similar comments. Then when I consider that it's three years and we are coming out of covid-19 last year, I'm leaning towards keeping him in a certain respect.
While I feel all of the obvious frustrations reflected on this board, I am tired of constant regime changes.
Without any insider knowledge, just a long-time fan and member of this board thinking out loud (probably not a good idea), BUT, would it be possible to continue paying Manny his salary and keep him as a glorified assistant head coach/defensive coordinator (can't believe I'm actually saying this, LOL)... AND bring in a NFL experienced head coach like Jason Garrett, as someone else on this board suggested. No buyouts!
Let me help you. We're at a fork in the road right now. If we choose to follow the Epstein path and accept Manny for another year we will find ourselves complaining about unexplainably bad performances against teams we should have easily beaten like FIU, LA Tech and UVA this year. We might win the Coastal if we get lucky, but we won't win the ACCCG and won't even sniff the CFP. If we choose the Mas path, we will have Jurich as an AD with Highsmith as the AD in waiting in charge of football. We'll get Mario and consistently have top 10-15 recruiting classes, dominate the Coastal, and be ACC champions as often as not. We'll consistently be in the top 15 and we'll make the CFP at least once.

Wasting the momentum we have right now is effectively the death knell of the program for another 5-10 years at a minimum. We'll lose loyal fans like me, then there will be no urgency to be successful and mediocrity will be accepted as the norm.

Advertisement
Manny returning would pretty much be the final nail in the coffin for the program. That would mean they just hired another puppet as our AD and being "right" is more important that winning. There's just no possible path forward with Manny at the helm. If the rumors are true and they do give him next year then the program is unsalvageable and will never aspire to more than 6 to 8 wins. If you're wanting Nattys you'll have to be a fan of someone else.

If Manny could get an OC next year for the sake of TVD? Is anyone paying attention? He couldn’t get a DC this year….and we were preseason too 15. He is a Dead Man Walking and no one wants to get axed during their only year with him if he somehow misses enough a$$ to survive.

If Lashlee gets poached, that makes it even easier to argue against retaining Manny. TVD would be learning a new offense anyways, Manny will be hiring a new DC, and we have all witnessed the abomination of coaching decisions this past year to recognize incompetence. Between not going for a TD and settling for a FG (missed vs. UVA! not going for 2 when the card clearly says to, starting slow some games, fading out in the middle of games to kneeling the ball with 71 seconds on the clock with 3 timeouts…oh and not starting the more talented guys but relying on tried and true underperformed that tackle the wrong guy.

He adds NO value as a head coach. So get rid of him and being in new (and retain someone special on the D side to retain the recruits as much as possible).

If Manny wins out, he'll be 6-1 in his last 7 games. If he's interviewed, he'll have a case. I like that his kids want to play for him I believe that Manny would be successful next year because of TVD. I thought the same about DK too so there's that.

I'm actually under no stress. If Manny wins out, I wouldn't mind him getting another year. He's likely going to have to find another OC, but who knows maybe he gets a better one than Lashlee this time. If he doesn't, as long as they bring in an experienced winner I'm still golden.

I am a Mario fan. I liked him when he wanted the job the last time.
You may want to revisit your math. The last six games with a seventh upcoming:
UNC - L
NCST - W
Pitt - W
GT - W
FSPoo - L
VT - W
D - potential W

That's 5-2..all close. as that's how the man coaches, not to lose.

The kids are playing for each other, especially all the young ones getting playing time only because of injury and/or failure from the upperclassmen after 4 or 5 years. Manolo did nothing here. I will say, he struck gold with Rambo and Stevenson. King for his leadership transforming the QB room and elevating overall accountability in the locker room. I'll give him credit for convincing Lashlee to join The U. Overall, Manolo's failures far outweigh successes. And lets not get into the inexcusable losses: FIU, DUKE, UNC blowout at home, etc...

Anyone with an ounce of thought towards what a successful football program looks like would exclude University of Miami Football. It's the antithesis...

Can't decide how I truly feel about Manny returning next year as UM head coach.
Last night I was ready to post a blog about the FSU game being a sign from above, that it would be in the best interest of both Manny and UM to part ways.
Then, when I read the blog by Tyrique Stevenson, who we know also played for Kirby. We see that these players respect and play very hard for Manny. They believe what he is teaching them. Also, other players have made similar comments. Then when I consider that it's three years and we are coming out of covid-19 last year, I'm leaning towards keeping him in a certain respect.
While I feel all of the obvious frustrations reflected on this board, I am tired of constant regime changes.
Without any insider knowledge, just a long-time fan and member of this board thinking out loud (probably not a good idea), BUT, would it be possible to continue paying Manny his salary and keep him as a glorified assistant head coach/defensive coordinator (can't believe I'm actually saying this, LOL)... AND bring in a NFL experienced head coach like Jason Garrett, as someone else on this board suggested. No buyouts!
So just because a few players speak up for him that are currently playing for him. You want to keep Manny. 🙄
The reason that players haven't giving up is because they believe in TYLER VANDYKE.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back