Back and forth on Manny...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gforce4

Recruit
Premium
Can't decide how I truly feel about Manny returning next year as UM head coach.
Last night I was ready to post a blog about the FSU game being a sign from above, that it would be in the best interest of both Manny and UM to part ways.
Then, when I read the blog by Tyrique Stevenson, who we know also played for Kirby. We see that these players respect and play very hard for Manny. They believe what he is teaching them. Also, other players have made similar comments. Then when I consider that it's three years and we are coming out of covid-19 last year, I'm leaning towards keeping him in a certain respect.
While I feel all of the obvious frustrations reflected on this board, I am tired of constant regime changes.
Without any insider knowledge, just a long-time fan and member of this board thinking out loud (probably not a good idea), BUT, would it be possible to continue paying Manny his salary and keep him as a glorified assistant head coach/defensive coordinator (can't believe I'm actually saying this, LOL)... AND bring in a NFL experienced head coach like Jason Garrett, as someone else on this board suggested. No buyouts!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Last night I was ready to post a blog about the FSU game being a sign from above, that it would be in the best interest of both Manny and UM to part ways.
Then, when I read the blog by Tyrique Stevenson, who we know also played for Kirby. We see that these players respect and play very hard for Manny. They believe what he is teaching them. Also, other players have made similar comments. Then when I consider that it's three years and we are coming out of covid-19 last year, I'm leaning towards keeping him in a certain respect.
While I feel all of the obvious frustrations reflected on this board, I am tired of constant regime changes.
Without any insider knowledge, just a long-time fan and member of this board thinking out loud (probably not a good idea), BUT, would it be possible to continue paying Manny his salary and keep him as a glorified assistant head coach/defensive coordinator (can't believe I'm actually saying this, LOL)... AND bring in a NFL experienced head coach like Jason Garrett, as someone else on this board suggested. No buyouts!
You wouldnt have regime changes if the coaches weren't crap. Miami gave Coker 6 years, Shannon 4 and Golden 5. Richt is the only one who left in 3 to retire. Clay Helton got 7 at USC, that's 7 more years since they were last good. Diaz is garbage.

https://kenud.com/2021/11/08/what-is-stockholm-syndrome/

Get help OP...

No. **** Manny.

And what the fvck? You made 63 posts in 9 years & u actually think your 64th should be a thread about keeping manny fcking diaz? Have u not read the boards at all? Because if u had.. Even once.. You'd realize that starting a "can a Manny stay if" thread would make u look like a dip****. And I'm trying my damndest to leave it at dip****.

Delete the thread & take it from me when I say fck no. Nobody wants Manny to stay. Nobody thinks "its ok if he just...". And just accept that everybody hates Manny & anybody who supports him.

Advertisement
It Doesn’t Matter What You Think, In my Imatation Rock Voice

The players believed in Mark D'Onofrio as well. How'd that turn out?

Just because players LIKE you or believe in you doesn't mean you are the best man for the job. ****, if they like you it could very well mean you aren't pushing them hard enough.

If Manny wins out, he'll be 6-1 in his last 7 games. If he's interviewed, he'll have a case. I like that his kids want to play for him I believe that Manny would be successful next year because of TVD. I thought the same about DK too so there's that.

I'm actually under no stress. If Manny wins out, I wouldn't mind him getting another year. He's likely going to have to find another OC, but who knows maybe he gets a better one than Lashlee this time. If he doesn't, as long as they bring in an experienced winner I'm still golden.

I am a Mario fan. I liked him when he wanted the job the last time.

Advertisement
Does the team look prepared?

On offense, yes

On defense, absolutely not (and not just unprepared, terrible)

Danny Miaz can’t manage…got to go

If Manny wins out, he'll be 7-1 in his last 8 games. If he's interviewed, he'll have a case. I like that his kids want to play for him I believe that Manny would be successful next year because of TVD. I thought the same about DK too so there's that.

I'm actually under no stress. If Manny wins out, I wouldn't mind him getting another year. He's likely going to have to find another OC, but who knows maybe he gets a better one than Lashlee this time. If he doesn't, as long as they bring in an experienced winner I'm still golden.

I am a Mario fan. I liked him when he wanted the job the last time.
Many could not get an offensive coordinator from Polk High School to join his lame duck staph.

Advertisement
No. **** Manny.

And what the fvck? You made 63 posts in 9 years & u actually think your 64th should be a thread about keeping manny fcking diaz? Have u not read the boards at all? Because if u had.. Even once.. You'd realize that starting a "can a Manny stay if" thread would make u look like a dip****. And I'm trying my damndest to leave it at dip****.

Delete the thread & take it from me when I say fck no. Nobody wants Manny to stay. Nobody thinks "its ok if he just...". And just accept that everybody hates Manny & anybody who supports him.
Your right, the more one posts the smarter they are.omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back