B1G vs. SEC for Miami: Realignment Reality Check - Poll

Choose the conference:


  • Total voters
    346
I was saying the game experience and tailgating is the only slight selfish part of me that would like the SEC and it’s proximity to my home in Central FL.

I see how the BIG10 makes sense for the program though!
Sad to say it's even more reason we don't want the sec. Our stadium and our demographic can and will never compete with that experience. Sad but true. Way too much **** going on down here for that to EVER happen. But we can dream right.
 
Sad to say it's even more reason we don't want the sec. Our stadium and our demographic can and will never compete with that experience. Sad but true. Way too much **** going on down here for that to EVER happen. But we can dream right.
That will be used as a negative recruiting tactic by SEC schools for sure. The top programs already push that narrative but it will be slightly different as they would have direct comparisons now on a weekly basis.

You don’t think being in the SEC and bringing their ten ranked teams through the stadium won’t juice up numbers?

Vandy coming in at #23 at noon on a Saturday going to be packed?
 
It really is a pretty spectacular event on most SEC campuses.

They do tailgating right..and there are some pretty solid college towns where the whole city is participating in events the whole weekend.

To be fair though I’ve never attended a Michigan vs OSU game or any BigTen event to be honest but I’ve seen all of the pregame shows. I’ve got a decent enough behind the scenes look to compare them both. Though I do think it would be amazing to stay in Chicago and go to a ND game. But they aren’t even in the BigTen yet. How are Columbus, Penn Station, or Eugene as away fans?
Hostile is the easiest way to put it. Lol. I've actually done as a recruit(my chick at the time went to Michigan)Michigan osu at the big house. Did that twice actually other when nephew was going into the portal from here. I did sc @ Oregon when lil bruh Drake was at school. & I did Oklahoma texas when boogie & tj were playing for sooners. All INSANE atmospheres we ain't never even dreamed up here.
 
Hostile is the easiest way to put it. Lol. I've actually done as a recruit(my chick at the time went to Michigan)Michigan osu at the big house. Did that twice actually other when nephew was going into the portal from here. I did sc @ Oregon when lil bruh Drake was at school. & I did Oklahoma texas when boogie & tj were playing for sooners. All INSANE atmospheres we ain't never even dreamed up here.
That is pretty awesome! I can’t even imagine your recruiting experience. I had fun one and I only visited 3 D2 programs and a preferred walk on visit at UCF
 
I look at it like this: the SEC doesn’t really need Miami because they already have the narrative, the media machine and ESPN behind them. What they do need is for Miami to stay out of the way. That’s why, IMO, you see Saban out there pushing NIL caps, conference spending limits and penalties for schools that choose to remain Independent. Whether people agree with those ideas or not, the end result is the same. It puts more restrictions on programs like Miami while protecting the current power structure.

The B1G is a completely different situation. They need more true power brands if they’re going to compete with the SEC at the top of the sport. Miami gives them a national brand, recruiting value, a major market and a program with enough history to matter.Then you have the TV angle. The B1G’s deals are going to be up for negotiation, NBC is already tied to Notre Dame and a healthy Miami gives them another premium brand to put in big games. It also gives them more leverage if they’re trying to force Notre Dame into the conference.

So I don’t look at it as simply, “Which conference wants Miami?” I look at which conference actually benefits from Miami being strong.

The SEC already has its machine. The B1G needs more national brands, more premium matchups and more leverage to build something that can actually challenge the SEC. That’s where Miami fits.
Yea i don’t think either conference actually needs us, the big10 probably wants us more for what you mentioned but that’s besides my point of everyone being against the sec because they think they’re out to get Miami or would somehow sink miami if we joined the sec.

Im team go where the most money is, some people are just team i hate the sec more than they are team big10, i think thats a bad thought process

Saban isn’t pushing nil caps because of Miami, the sec doesn’t need Miami to stay out of the way either they will always be viewed as the premier conference mainly because of the location

The sec schools have more money than any other conference so its not about restrictions for miami he just is a cfb traditionalist. I promise there is alot of big10 schools that feel the same way as saban, **** some of our fans do too.

I think one thing no one mentions is we *could possibly* be at a recruiting disadvantage if we’re the only big10 team in sec country. Would be a unique situation if clemson/fsu/unc go to the sec. Once the acc breaks up there will be huge marketing campaigns against each conference
 
That will be used as a negative recruiting tactic by SEC schools for sure. The top programs already push that narrative but it will be slightly different as they would have direct comparisons now on a weekly basis.

You don’t think being in the SEC and bringing their ten ranked teams through the stadium won’t juice up numbers?

Vandy coming in at #23 at noon on a Saturday going to be packed?
It'll juice up numbers but you gotta realize the shift that will happen at that point. The reason everyone is pushing realignment like this isn't just the financial side. It's the sec poll advantage disappears or at the very least is greatly negated.
 
Yea i don’t think either conference actually needs us, the big10 probably wants us more for what you mentioned but that’s besides my point of everyone being against the sec because they think they’re out to get Miami or would somehow sink miami if we joined the sec.

Im team go where the most money is, some people are just team i hate the sec more than they are team big10, i think thats a bad thought process

Saban isn’t pushing nil caps because of Miami, the sec doesn’t need Miami to stay out of the way either they will always be viewed as the premier conference mainly because of the location

The sec schools have more money than any other conference so its not about restrictions for miami he just is a cfb traditionalist. I promise there is alot of big10 schools that feel the same way as saban, **** some of our fans do too.

I think one thing no one mentions is we *could possibly* be at a recruiting disadvantage if we’re the only big10 team in sec country. Would be a unique situation if clemson/fsu/unc go to the sec. Once the acc breaks up there will be huge marketing campaigns against each conference
They definitely don't NEED any team trying to realign. Simple logic in that. You don't ever see any teams in the sec or the big 10 trying to leave conferences. They're good where they're at.
 
I hope it’s the BIG10 And it certainly seems that’s what we’re shooting for

If it was the SEC I could live with it only if we drew FSU and UF both yearly
 
This has implications far beyond athletics for the U. And on every one of those other dimensions it's not even a contest as the SEC offers nothing while the B1G would raise the entire baseline for the U institution wide.
 
Back
Top