B1G vs. SEC for Miami: Realignment Reality Check - Poll

Choose the conference:


  • Total voters
    337
You are right I apologize on vandy it is the one place I didn't consider that actually came to mind. And it's a beautiful campus and a beautiful state. Not taking that from them. And probably the only legit place in the SEC where the student base and the alumni are more than capable of spelling their names. ****** around it's academically speaking an amazing university. I apologize for disparaging them kind sir.
No worries, esteemed Cane. 👍
 
Concerns about cold weather is not a great reason to avoid the B1G. First off, its not even that cold in November up there...the real cold is January and february . Also the players won't feel it anyways when the adrenaline kicks in.

Cold weather is a non factor in my book, its a cold weather sport and is unavoidable if you have nfl hopes
That cold air hurts the lungs of normal people like me - I mean somewhat normal people - when running outside in it but I guess football players are more immune to it
 
I know. That's what I was saying. Sec football entire weekends are madness for miles and miles around. Nowhere in the acc & very few places in the big10(who is hands down better than the acc as well) compete with that. It's literally the only thing that seperates them from other conferences anymore besides media rights. If you read the initial comment it was in response to you would have seen where I spelled that out clearly. Not even same hemisphere. Because those people LIVE for that ****. Facts

I was born and raised in the South.

I completely understand the love these folks have for their school. It’s a family thing, passed down generations. It’s literally more than just football. There’s nothing like tailgating on a southern campus in the fall. I can’t describe it.

There’s a romanticism about it that I get.

However, I’ve been Canes fan since 92 because I chose my own path. My first love in College ball.
 
Concerns about cold weather is not a great reason to avoid the B1G. First off, its not even that cold in November up there...the real cold is January and february . Also the players won't feel it anyways when the adrenaline kicks in.

Cold weather is a non factor in my book, its a cold weather sport and is unavoidable if you have nfl hopes
In theory, it's a cold weather sport, but when it comes time to determining a champion the NFL (except the one year they threw a bone to NYC) and NCAA play games in warm weather or domes.
 
You are right I apologize on vandy it is the one place I didn't consider that actually came to mind. And it's a beautiful campus and a beautiful state. Not taking that from them. And probably the only legit place in the SEC where the student base and the alumni are more than capable of spelling their names. ****** around it's academically speaking an amazing university. I apologize for disparaging them kind sir.
Downtown Nashville on the weekends is pretty nice. Halloween is really nice with all the ladies walking around.
 
Tailgating sucked at Vandy unless I missed something

We just did our little tailgate in a parking garage

Was Bama game too
 
Hey @Brooklyndee, I don’t if you’ve ever been to some of these college towns where college football players play big time college football but…

I’m fully aware that he was on the team, traveled to a hotel, and played at the stadium, all while under chaperone and school control.

Respectfully, that’s not the fan experience - I’ve been around for quite a bit :) (this was my same username on Grassy, btw)
 
Not debatable unless some wild **** occurs that changes at the least ufag & uga minds on us.
ESPN: You will make $10M/yr more by having Miami
Them: No thanks
ESPN: If you don't the B1G will.
ESPN: Oh also we own you, so you don't get a choice
Them: Okay.

I also agree we will go B1G. Even if we had choice of both I suspect we will choose B1G. But I don't think it's too crazy for ESPN/SEC to want us, just unlikely that it'd be SEC going all out for us while B1G isn't....
 
Last edited:
He's been on here since 2011 but maybe he doesn’t know??? Anyway, I don’t see the point in all of this. No one here has a say and we’re going wherever the school decides and we have an invite, and I assume that’s the B1G. I don’t like that conference, particularly their refs, and I feel like it’s more good ole boy than some people seem to think on here, but it is an upgrade to the horrid ACC.

I wish the B1G had the Big 12’s refs. They let us play and treated us fairly.

Heck, if the line has to be drawn if anyone has a say, shut the **** board down - none of us have a say in ANYTHING that goes on with the team, we are just fans.

Or are we allowed only to have an opinion on what we want the team to do, but the conference is off limits?
 
He's been on here since 2011 but maybe he doesn’t know??? Anyway, I don’t see the point in all of this. No one here has a say and we’re going wherever the school decides and we have an invite, and I assume that’s the B1G. I don’t like that conference, particularly their refs, and I feel like it’s more good ole boy than some people seem to think on here, but it is an upgrade to the horrid ACC.

I wish the B1G had the Big 12’s refs. They let us play and treated us fairly.

Not sure if you’re referring to me. But yes, I’m fully aware of who he is.

Well, not “who” he is, as I don’t believe that mystery has been solved yet.
 
Bottom line it’s not about us tailgating but

I will say Ann Arbor, Cbus and University Park is fun

East Lansing and Evanston not so much

Trying remember if those all B1G ones been to
 
Bigger issue though. Will the SEC take us? I don't think they will.

I used to think that, too, but it really feels like we've returned to being that football program no conference would turn down -- especially one iocated in a key state and market for ESPN and SEC
 
Every game we played against ND from 1980 forward, at South Bend was in October. Generally early October. The latest we ever played at South Bend was October 29th and we lost.

We’ve played PSU three times at State College from 1980 forward.
Once in September, once in early October and once on November 1st.
We lost the November 1st game.

Jim Kelly lost the only game he played at PSU in 1980.
His win was in 1981 at the OB.

Kelly’s wins in 1981 against PSU and ND are the exact reason I became a Canes fan, in 1981.
We lost to ND at Soldier because we made more mistakes. Dorsett didn't drop a wide open TD pass because of frostbite. We lost under Richt because he tried to run a 90's FSU offense without 90's FSU players.

Are we including losing the natty last year in our home stadium because of the temperature dropping during the game? -- I mean it must have been that, because otherwise it was because Beck made an errant throw after the coaches decided to skip offense in the first half and failed to address a glaring special teams deficiency.
 
Last edited:
Heck, if the line has to be drawn if anyone has a say, shut the **** board down - none of us have a say in ANYTHING that goes on with the team, we are just fans.

Or are we allowed only to have an opinion on what we want the team to do, but the conference is off limits?
You posted that no one should complain when we’re in the B1G and the SEC gets favoritism when we have nothing to do with it and it won’t even be a choice because the SEC wants no part of UM with NIL and SEC “credentials” in their conference.
 
Back
Top