B1G vs. SEC for Miami: Realignment Reality Check - Poll

Choose the conference:


  • Total voters
    326


If we had the SEC on our mind, there’d be no need to ask for an expansion from 20 to 22 in this letter considering the SEC has 16 schools. Not to even mention the whole fact that ESPN backs both the ACC and SEC & they have a billion dollar financial interest in not seeing one of its 2 exclusive partners have its arms, legs, and head cutoff.

That request does dovetail with the Big10.

But what if it’s a strategic request, to leave open the possibility of whichever, SEC or Big10, gives the 4 teams a group invite?

If you leave it at 20, you’ve made your bed. It’s SEC, ACC-Big12 merger or go home.

I don’t think you ever want a conference to know they’ve got you, if they want you.

Would the Big 10 take FSU?

Would the SEC risk losing 2/3 of the largest media state, in the South (Exc. Texas) to the Big 10?
 
Quite contraire my friend. November 3, 1979, Jim Kelly's first start, he led an unranked UM to a 26-10, upset of #19 PSU at Happy Valley.

This is the game that is widely credited with the one that jump started the Miami Dynasty. If you have a couple hours to kill you can watch the full game on Youtube.
My bad. I was going from 1980 forward on all of my research. I forgot Kelly started a few games in 1979.
 
That request does dovetail with the Big10.

But what if it’s a strategic request, to leave open the possibility of whichever, SEC or Big10, gives the 4 teams a group invite?

If you leave it at 20, you’ve made your bed. It’s SEC, ACC-Big12 merger or go home.

I don’t think you ever want a conference to know they’ve got you, if they want you.

Would the Big 10 take FSU?

Would the SEC risk losing 2/3 of the largest media state, in the South Exc. Texas) to the Big 10?
I do think that’s a possibility, but in that possibility, it’d be a split between the four parties with the Carolina’s going to the SEC and the sunshine staters going to the b1g. If the B1G hasn’t hounded Nebraska back into AAU membership status, i feel like FSU will be fine enough to join the club. FOX/CBS/NBC need another major media draw and FSU is too big to ignore; and having Miami + FSU is better than OregonxWashington or USCxUCLA; it gives B1GNetwork something else to rely upon besides OSUxMichigan.

I don’t see the SEC having interest in any g6 tbh. And i don’t believe any of the g6 schools would enlargen the pie enough to justify their addition. It’d additionally have to be a G6 school from the south / southeast which narrows it down even further.

the SEC, much like the B1G, are not financial entities unto themselves. They have media partners. So would the SEC’s leadership love UVA, GT, UNC, Clemson, FSU, etc in a vacuum w/o having to ease concerns of their individual members: UF, UTenn, USCe, UGA, etc. — absolutely. It’d make their job a lot easier.

The problem with that is, and this is what FSU and Clemson found out/already know, that the SEC gets paid by the same goddam Mouse the ACC gets paid by. So in practice, transferring any ACC school over to the SEC entails a 30-50M additional annual expense per school, moreover, with each ACC to SEC swap, Disney is cannibalizing a brand (ACC) they depend upon for year round inventory. Each transfer makes the ACC more unstable, and they’d have to backfill the departures w/ less lucrative product (USF. UConn, Tulane, Memphis, JMU, Miami OH, etc).

The remaining members could stay in the conference or depart for the XII. That’s an unnecessary risk and a major unknown.
 
Last edited:
Hey @Brooklyndee, I don’t if you’ve ever been to some of these college towns where college football players play big time college football but…

























GIF by Vulture.com
 
What schools, besides BC/UCLA/USC, would match our footprint? Every university is basically in a backwoods inbreeder town, no matter the conference. Have you ever been to some of these “towns”?
Sure have. As I stated they're either big towns or neighboring towns of them. Can't say the same is Oklahoma,bama,miss, Auburn,vandy, etc... at least with schools like osu,illinois,Michigan,etc they're close relatively speaking to big towns. Not entirely states of in breeders. Only ones close to big city's I can think of in sec are tex,uga and ufag. A&m stretches that boundary a lil too much. I'm sure theres more and I'm just not putting much thought into it. But that's the jist. Even more so comes down to recruiting footprints and alumni bases.
 
Hey @Brooklyndee, I don’t if you’ve ever been to some of these college towns where college football players play big time college football but…

























GIF by Vulture.com
I try my best to just roll with the punches brother. All good. I'm a lot more quiet now so even the clued in don't know my background as much. As @DMoney points out OFTEN there's however many million posts and counting. That means we constantly get a lot of new eyes. Even some amusing takes outside of the usual peanut gallery.
 
It's irrelevant a preference as a fan or even as a university. Reality is ufag has made it known they're VERY against us joining the sec as well as uga. They have controlling votes for acceptance. We will be going to the big 10. Not debatable unless some wild **** occurs that changes at the least ufag & uga minds on us.



Common sense is also our footprint isn't residing in the sec. The sec is basically all made up of backwood, hic, in breeder towns that live and die for foosball. Our demographic and our alumni base doesn't come from moonshine smugglers and their relatives. It comes from large cities and their neighboring towns. That's the big10 ladies and gents. One step further would also be the logic of why in the **** would we wanna expose more of our recruits that much more so to the game day experiences and fanbases of sec football... People can say what they want about we go hard for big games etc. ALL OF THE SEC goes hard the entire weekend for their games. Tailgating in sec country is the equivalent of NASCAR basically. ***** wild. We don't want to live in that world
The same conference that people ***** about the most and claim is holding us back is the conference that some of them now want to join.

The SEC and its owners at ESPN want nothing more than for Miami to disappear, and you can see that in how badly they’ve been pushing their little puppet, Saban, to try to put things back in their favor.

The SEC would never take Miami, and if they did, it would simply be to sink us.
 
The same conference that people ***** about the most and claim is holding us back is the conference that some of them now want to join.

The SEC and its owners at ESPN want nothing more than for Miami to disappear, and you can see that in how badly they’ve been pushing their little puppet, Saban, to try to put things back in their favor.

The SEC would never take Miami, and if they did, it would simply be to sink us.
standing ovation GIF
 
I try my best to just roll with the punches brother. All good. I'm a lot more quiet now so even the clued in don't know my background as much. As @DMoney points out OFTEN there's however many million posts and counting. That means we constantly get a lot of new eyes. Even some amusing takes outside of the usual peanut gallery.
He's been on here since 2011 but maybe he doesn’t know??? Anyway, I don’t see the point in all of this. No one here has a say and we’re going wherever the school decides and we have an invite, and I assume that’s the B1G. I don’t like that conference, particularly their refs, and I feel like it’s more good ole boy than some people seem to think on here, but it is an upgrade to the horrid ACC.

I wish the B1G had the Big 12’s refs. They let us play and treated us fairly.
 
Sure have. As I stated they're either big towns or neighboring towns of them. Can't say the same is Oklahoma,bama,miss, Auburn,vandy, etc... at least with schools like osu,illinois,Michigan,etc they're close relatively speaking to big towns. Not entirely states of in breeders. Only ones close to big city's I can think of in sec are tex,uga and ufag. A&m stretches that boundary a lil too much. I'm sure theres more and I'm just not putting much thought into it. But that's the jist. Even more so comes down to recruiting footprints and alumni bases.

I’m an Auburn season ticket holder.

They’re terrible this year and the gameday atmosphere there is 50x that of UM.

And I’ve been to most of the “big” UM home games the last 5 years.

It really isn’t close.
 
The same conference that people ***** about the most and claim is holding us back is the conference that some of them now want to join.

The SEC and its owners at ESPN want nothing more than for Miami to disappear, and you can see that in how badly they’ve been pushing their little puppet, Saban, to try to put things back in their favor.

The SEC would never take Miami, and if they did, it would simply be to sink us.
There’s no way the SEC good ole boys want Mario Cristobal walking around recruiting Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, Tennessee… with Miami NIL and an SEC patch on.
 
He's been on here since 2011 but maybe he doesn’t know??? Anyway, I don’t see the point in all of this. No one here has a say and we’re going wherever the school decides and we have an invite, and I assume that’s the B1G. I don’t like that conference, particularly their refs, and I feel like it’s more good ole boy than some people seem to think on here, but it is an upgrade to the horrid ACC.

I wish the B1G had the Big 12’s refs. They let us play and treated us fairly.
The big in general seems to let their players play. Other than the games we've played with their referees obviously. I had to watch 2 years of nephew playing at Illinois, and for the most part they let their players play. So I'd like to Hope if we were a member in that conference they would see the value in us as a brand. Especially considering we open them up to an entirely new demographic. The last thing they would want in an ideal world is to not push us as a brand. We would immediately be one of their premier schools ( assuming our play stays up to par) so wouldn't be the brightest of business strategies otherwise.
 
I’m an Auburn season ticket holder.

They’re terrible this year and the gameday atmosphere there is 50x that of UM.

And I’ve been to most of the “big” UM home games the last 5 years.

It really isn’t close.
I know. That's what I was saying. Sec football entire weekends are madness for miles and miles around. Nowhere in the acc & very few places in the big10(who is hands down better than the acc as well) compete with that. It's literally the only thing that seperates them from other conferences anymore besides media rights. If you read the initial comment it was in response to you would have seen where I spelled that out clearly. Not even same hemisphere. Because those people LIVE for that ****. Facts
 
Sure have. As I stated they're either big towns or neighboring towns of them. Can't say the same is Oklahoma,bama,miss, Auburn,vandy, etc... at least with schools like osu,illinois,Michigan,etc they're close relatively speaking to big towns. Not entirely states of in breeders. Only ones close to big city's I can think of in sec are tex,uga and ufag. A&m stretches that boundary a lil too much. I'm sure theres more and I'm just not putting much thought into it. But that's the jist. Even more so comes down to recruiting footprints and alumni bases.
Vandy is practically in downtown Nashville. Just southwest of Music Row.

Not disagreeing with the rest of your post, just that my wife was a professor there and I had faculty season tickets for two years.
 
Concerns about cold weather is not a great reason to avoid the B1G. First off, its not even that cold in November up there...the real cold is January and february . Also the players won't feel it anyways when the adrenaline kicks in.

Cold weather is a non factor in my book, its a cold weather sport and is unavoidable if you have nfl hopes
 
He's simply talking about what tailgating and the weekends are like at Sec football games. Had nothing to do with the rest of the points.
I understand about tailgating at SEC games, but your post he was responding to was discussing the SEC schools were not near big cities or towns (for the most part) compared to the B1G. I didn't know you had other points made in prior messages. My bad.
 
Vandy is practically in downtown Nashville. Just southwest of Music Row.

Not disagreeing with the rest of your post, just that my wife was a professor there and I had faculty season tickets for two years.
You are right I apologize on vandy it is the one place I didn't consider that actually came to mind. And it's a beautiful campus and a beautiful state. Not taking that from them. And probably the only legit place in the SEC where the student base and the alumni are more than capable of spelling their names. ****** around it's academically speaking an amazing university. I apologize for disparaging them kind sir.
 
I understand about tailgating at SEC games, but your post he was responding to was discussing the SEC schools were not near big cities or towns (for the most part) compared to the B1G. I didn't know you had other points made in prior messages. My bad.
And I actually realized that myself after that the one he responded to had nothing to do with how I already acknowledged how the SEC is for fan experiences etc. it's me that's all over the place. I'm in Medellin right now and distracted. My bad.
 
Back
Top