2024 Aydin Breland 4* DT from Mater Dei

Advertisement
Could it be….another?
Fail Novak Djokovic GIF by Australian Open

Advertisement
-“I love the family vibes at Oregon,” Breland said. “I know a lot of guys there now and a lot of guys who played at Oregon in the past and I’m really comfortable there."

- On Dan Lanning: Breland said the players raved about him as a coach and mentor.

- “They’re (Oregon) definitely a top contender,” Breland said. “They’re going to be on my list, short list, the whole way through my recruitment. I think I might come out with a top five or top three even and they’ll be on there.

“Right now, I’m in the process of looking at the pros and cons of all my schools. I took notes on each school after my visits and I’m ready to make a cut. I’m not ready to make my decision yet, I still think that will be during the season but who knows. I might just wake up one day, have a big revelation and commit right then.”

- Breland visited UGA, Miami & TAMU on OVS.
“I loved it at each of those schools,” “They were all different but I have great relationships with all of those coaching staffs and feel I can get developed and reach my goals at each of them.

“I went to each of those schools multiple times. I took an unofficial and an official visit so I feel like I have a good idea what each of those schools has to offer. It’s going to be a tough decision but that’s why I’m taking my time here and in no hurry to announce anything.”
“Wake up one day with a revelation and commit right then.”

Damnit. Now I’m hopeful about any day being the day. Lol.

That's definitely not what he said. Likes the college town feel vs outright stating I want a college town aren't exactly the same.
Correct ... he was commenting on the fact that a lot of people told him Oregon was boring and there was nothing to do there ... he just said that wasn't a problem for him and he liked the college town feel. Context is important.

Advertisement
Especially since he is from California, being in a college town in the cold is depressing. We joke about weatherman Baez, yet, as a Florida resident who went to college in Coral Gables and the northeast, the uniqueness of the town goes unexplored when I did not want to be freezing outside. Which is 75% of the school year.

Don’t shoot the messenger for having non-Miami friends. Still, so many of my friends were tired and bored of Tallahassee and Gainesville during some point of their junior/senior years. As the reality of post-college life creeps closer, being in a city offers variety.

Idk where they have football freshmen living nowadays. Still, my freshman year at UMiami I met tons of freshmen (news flash freshmen make friends with freshmen). It did not feel like the city hurt my ability to make friends, especially since so many of the students are unfamiliar with Miami; including Florida residents like myself. Another thing not often spoke about is lower student enrollment increases camaraderie compared to being in a college town with 10k other freshmen.

All that being said, money talks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back