Avante Williams

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol; then they not even close like that fa real! Lol. Chit; reminds me of the time me & cousin was flirting w one another in the club, b/c we didn’t know we were cousins. Lol. But I gots no Gator blood in me, so as soon as I found out, she was strictly family. Lol.

I was told they wasn’t close awhile ago but I was like “ ok, sure bruh”. Then today I was told the part about not knowing each other until JR year.

Advertisement
No shame in my game.
Crow is good.
eating-crow_340002_1-300x262.gif

Welcome top the U, Tae.

@Paranos where you at???

giphy - 2020-02-05T133345.012.gif
giphy - 2020-02-05T133403.989.gif
giphy - 2020-02-05T133414.070.gif

"The great ones want to play with the great ones," Williams said. "And Miami’s where all the greatest players played. I want to be one of the greats there.”

Of his goals as a Cane, Williams said “I want to start as a freshman. And just get my education. I see this as a 40-year deal, not a four-year deal. It’s for my future. I wanted to pick somewhere where everyone has the same mindset as me.”

Is there video of his announcement? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
"The great ones want to play with the great ones," Williams said. "And Miami’s where all the greatest players played. I want to be one of the greats there.”

Of his goals as a Cane, Williams said “I want to start as a freshman. And just get my education. I see this as a 40-year deal, not a four-year deal. It’s for my future. I wanted to pick somewhere where everyone has the same mindset as me.”
I was told he was stupid

@TheOriginalCane

Why are you always so emphatic about "no bags"?

I notice everytime someone brings this up-- you get your panties twisted fast...

Hmmm you an AD staff here to quiet that rumor? Because it might be true?

I don't know what you are talking about.

If you are talking about whether Miami offers bags, it is because the risk is far too great (NCAA would just LOVE to give us the death penalty after we rubbed their noses in Nevin's ****e) and the long history that Miami has of NOT having the resources to even compete in the bag game, let alone participate.

If you are talking about this particular recruit, I just know more than you know.

And if you honestly believe that anyone would believe that I am some sort of shill for the Athletic Department...well, I can barely even work up the outrage to address that, what with other posters (who are equally as stupid as you are) accusing me of hating the Athletic Department.

Here, I'll clear it up for you.

I love my alma mater, I support all of my UM teams (including the ice hockey team), but I would like to see UM fire all of the (non-UM-alum) employees who are stealing paychecks, particularly the two Blakes and spineless Frenk.

And, for the record, there are many, Many, MANY threads that mention "bags" on which I have never offered a comment.

But, hey, since you know so much, feel free to post your evidence of Avantae needing "bags" to sign with UM. You know, "because it might be true."

Advertisement
Maybe you can't see how, but that's what happened.

Look, I can joke about DeLand, but Avantae is not coming from a place of abject poverty the way that some kids do.

It is rather limiting to assume that ALL of the top recruits are swayed by money. SOME ARE. But many are not.

And, I am NOT accusing anyone of racism, but have we EVER heard anyone talk about "bags" when a highly recruited WHITE player picks a school? Did anyone blame Tate of being swayed by bag drops? I'm just asking.

Yes, some kids take money. There is too much money, generally speaking. But not every top recruit makes a money decision to commit.

Couldn't agree more. On top of that, not every teenage parent is desperate for money. Many of them have family members and a support network to help them out. Believe it or not, it's not just kids living in poverty that have children early. Like people here saying Deejay Dallas had to leave early because he's got a baby to support. Isn't the mother Ron Duggans' daughter? They can afford the pampers.

Advertisement
Back