Avante Williams

Advertisement
Man didn’t Justin flowe and Darnell Washington say the same thing lol. These kids word don’t mean **** till they sign. Hopefully he comes man what would be awesome.

Advertisement
Ivins on 247

" I still wouldn’t count Miami out for Avantae Williams. I know he spoke with the Hurricanes throughout the day on Tuesday. I said on the podcast I think it’s 60-40 in favor of Florida, but think it might actually be closer to 50-50. You guys can comment all you want about how he’s not signing with Miami. That’s fine. All I’m saying is that based upon the things I have heard over the past 12 hours or so, it doesn’t sound like he’s a lock to sign with the Gators."

Ivins on 247

" I still wouldn’t count Miami out for Avantae Williams. I know he spoke with the Hurricanes throughout the day on Tuesday. I said on the podcast I think it’s 60-40 in favor of Florida, but think it might actually be closer to 50-50. You guys can comment all you want about how he’s not signing with Miami. That’s fine. All I’m saying is that based upon the things I have heard over the past 12 hours or so, it doesn’t sound like he’s a lock to sign with the Gators."
When our insiders go against another teams insiders it generally doesn't end well for us, especially in a situation like this.

Obviously, I hope my gut is wrong and we land him. Regardless of my pessimism I definitely will tune in tomorrow and see how it turns out.

4-STAR S AVANTAE WILLIAMS
from Florida 247 Insider

The Skinny: This has been a highly contested recruitment dating all the way back to Deland (Fla.) four-star safety Avantae Williams' freshman year of high school, when he started to reel in offers. Williams was committed to the Oregon Ducks up until last December, when he backed off that verbal pledge. He took visits to Miami and Florida in the month of January leading up to his final decision. Upon finals checks National Signing Day eve, it seems Miami's addition of Ed Reed added a new wrinkle to this recruitment and actually helped close the gap late considerably. The two forged a quick bond during Under Armour week when Reed was his coach for the game. However, the buzz for most of the new year has pointed to Florida being the pick for Williams and that is where my pick will stay.
Prediction: Florida Confidence: 55%

Advertisement
i’m not banking on it or biting the bait but know one knows where he is going. that was his plan it’s probably all smoke so he can just commit to Florida.

Advertisement
he knows where he’s going, him an Lo have been on that f*** Miami sh** since Lo left. Why would he act like it matters when it doesn’t.

It only seems weird cause a lot of the kids on our team dont like burning bridges. He’s not wrong an that’s the way it’s supposed to be. I hope they get fu**ed by a gaytor in a hurricane.
Jesus

He isnt even a Miami fan, just reports on the site and does his job

His work has grown on me over the last year or so. I like that he isn't really a fan. He brings objectives thoughts and doesn't shy away from giving his opinions on what he thinks the staff is doing right or wrong. His podcast with David Lake is great. Lake, who is definitely a Miami fan, also doesn't shy away from dumping on the BOT/Athletic Dept./Staff when he thinks they are ******** up.

Advertisement
His work has grown on me over the last year or so. I like that he isn't really a fan. He brings objectives thoughts and doesn't shy away from giving his opinions on what he thinks the staff is doing right or wrong. His podcast with David Lake is great. Lake, who is definitely a Miami fan, also doesn't shy away from dumping on the BOT/Athletic Dept./Staff when he thinks they are ******** up.
Ivins is about as good as it gets for Recruiting insiders.

true... but ivins is one of the more conservative reporters when it comes to cb's. he is no rah rah miami reporter
I know, and I hope the addition of Ed Reed really does push us over the top if his decision is still up in the air. I just feel kid probably already had his mind made up for a while now. Would be great if I'm just totally misreading things here and we land him, but we've been here before and we've seen how it usually goes when most signs point in the wrong direction

4-STAR S AVANTAE WILLIAMS
from Florida 247 Insider

The Skinny: This has been a highly contested recruitment dating all the way back to Deland (Fla.) four-star safety Avantae Williams' freshman year of high school, when he started to reel in offers. Williams was committed to the Oregon Ducks up until last December, when he backed off that verbal pledge. He took visits to Miami and Florida in the month of January leading up to his final decision. Upon finals checks National Signing Day eve, it seems Miami's addition of Ed Reed added a new wrinkle to this recruitment and actually helped close the gap late considerably. The two forged a quick bond during Under Armour week when Reed was his coach for the game. However, the buzz for most of the new year has pointed to Florida being the pick for Williams and that is where my pick will stay.
Prediction: Florida Confidence: 55%

Thx for sharing.

Go Canes

Lake is an alumni too

Advertisement
Back