Avante Williams

Advertisement
Rumph has brought in these guys since 2017. Banda no better than rumph in recruiting. Brevin helped get bolden a lot too
4 star Trajan bandy
4 star jahvontae dean
4 star Christian williams
4 star tecory couch
4 star Gilbert frierson
4 star al blades
4 star dj ivey
But didn't yall say that Rumph has no say so in the CB's he evals & recruits?

Advertisement
Did he have it when he wanted to recruit Samuel and Jaden Davis?
If he doesn't then you can't give him credit for landing Bandy, Blades, Ivey, Frierson, Couch & Williams.

You can't on one hand make excuses that it's not his fault when we miss on CB's because he has no input or autonomy in who we eval or offer at CB & simultaneously give him credit for landing CB's.

If he has no say so, then he has nothing to do with landing them either, using yall's logic.

Campbell starts; he had turf toe this season and he missed several weeks. Surtain starts.

Bandy was coming here as soon as he got offered. Richt offered. Bandy is uber close w ST’s family & always wanted to be a Cane. That had nothing to do w Rumph.

Dean was literally dropped by Bama, but Rumph did stay on him & Dean sucked here.

Frierson is a Gore; he flirted w UGA but he, too, was going to be a Cane

Blades is a BLADES! He’s royalty here! He was going to be a Cane if you were the DB coach!

DJ Ivey was a fringe 4 star and it clearly shows y he’s a fringe 4 star, the lowest score to become such. He’s more 3 star than 4.

I’ll give him Rumph credit for Couch & Williams. But let’s not pretend he’s a recruiting savant.
Nothing is a sure thing in recruiting. All of those guys could have went else where. We have had several recruits that we thought was a lock. Sony Michel, Alex Collins, etc

If he doesn't then you can't give him credit for landing Bandy, Blades, Ivey, Frierson, Couch & Williams.

You can't on one hand make excuses that it's not his fault when we miss on CB's because he has no input or autonomy in who we eval or offer at CB & simultaneously give him credit for landing CB's.

If he has no say so, then he has nothing to do with landing them either, using yall's logic.
You are taking one thing and jumping it to another. Let’s keep exaggerating the situation lol... Like I said, rumph WANTED to recruit Jaden Davis and Samuel and could have had him but Diaz and co didn’t want them early on until late in the process. This is facts, it’s not some crazy *** theory. The person that gets all the blame for this is rumph though according to some fans, damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

Nothing is a sure thing in recruiting. All of those guys could have went else where. We have had several recruits that we thought was a lock. Sony Michel, Alex Collins, etc

Did or did not Bama cool on Dean? Did we not see y?

Did Richt not apologize for the other staff not offering Bandy, and he talked w Pete Taylor and was gifted ST’s infamous visor?
Is Blades a legacy?
Is Frierson a legacy?
Is DJ Ivey a borderline 3/4 star?

Nothing I said was false; and it still holds true that Rumph’s recruiting is beyond questionable. The ONLY reason he gets a pass is b/c he’s a legacy, himself. If Rumph went to FSU or Colorado, EVERY **** here would be calling for his head.

Advertisement
Did or did not Bama cool on Dean? Did we not see y?

Did Richt not apologize for the other staff not offering Bandy, and he talked w Pete Taylor and was gifted ST’s infamous visor?
Is Blades a legacy?
Is Frierson a legacy?
Is DJ Ivey a borderline 3/4 star?

Nothing I said was false; and it still holds true that Rumph’s recruiting is beyond questionable. The ONLY reason he gets a pass is b/c he’s a legacy, himself. If Rumph went to FSU or Colorado, EVERY **** here would be calling for his head.
You must have forgot the Blades decommitted and was heavily considering Tennessee. Frierson was heavily considering Georgia. In fact, if they didn’t land Campbell they probably would have got Frierson. Again, nothing is a sure thing in recruiting.

You must have forgot the Blades decommitted and was heavily considering Tennessee. Frierson was heavily considering Georgia. In fact, if they didn’t land Campbell they probably would have got Frierson. Again, nothing is a sure thing in recruiting.

Lol at Blades considering Tennessee. You deserve to get banned for saying something that stupid

Lol; Blades de-commitment so he could re-commit on Father’s Day?? Lol; literally the worst kept secret on this board. And Frierson and UGA??? R u kidding me? This board freaked out b/c he took a visit there; this board made it waaaaaaaay more dramatic than it was. Come on dude, I haven’t interacted w u on here, but I’m going to assume u’re better than this.

Advertisement
Lol; Blades de-commitment so he could re-commit on Father’s Day?? Lol; literally the worst kept secret on this board. And Frierson and UGA??? R u kidding me? This board freaked out b/c he took a visit there; this board made it waaaaaaaay more dramatic than it was. Come on dude, I haven’t interacted w u on here, but I’m going to assume u’re better than this.
Look I’m just following the kid actions and words. If you decommit surely you are hesitant or unsure about the decision you made. And take a visit. Yeah I miss the recommit on his dad birthday. Why not just commit on his birthday the first time? That seems confusing. Clearly you have more inside info than me.

Advertisement
You are taking one thing and jumping it to another. Let’s keep exaggerating the situation lol... Like I said, rumph WANTED to recruit Jaden Davis and Samuel and could have had him but Diaz and co didn’t want them early on until late in the process. This is facts, it’s not some crazy *** theory. The person that gets all the blame for this is rumph though according to some fans, damned if you do and damned if you don’t.
If that's true, then he doesn't have final say on what CB's we recruit, which means he gets no credit for the CB's we do land.

I’m all for cutting Rumph loose. But let’s be real.

Patke, Banda, and Baker currently are bringing the same or less to the table as Rumph. The defense basically can’t function well without Manny being involved. His defensive staff is mostly yes men cronies.

Stroud might be the best recruiter and coach on the defensive staff and he is brand new to this team.

I don’t get the fans that protect one coach while picking another to bash non stop. Miami has maybe 3-5 coaches who can recruit well.
There's not a single person on this board that doesn't want Patke, Banda & Baker fired too though. No one makes the argument that only Rumph should be fired, most if not all of us, want all these **** inept Corches gone...

The ONLY one who yall defend is Rumph though, no ever says, "Nah man you can't fire Patke, he has no say so in LB recruiting", that's what yall do with Rumph lol. EVERY coach on this staff gets criticized, literally every one of them, if people are criticizing Rumph it's not an endorsement for any other coach, that's the straw man that people always use.

Just because we're rightfully criticizing our failures at CB recruiting doesn't mean we're pro-Patke, or pro-Banda, or pro-Baker, we want them mf'ers fired too lol.

If that's true, then he doesn't have final say on what CB's we recruit, which means he gets no credit for the CB's we do land.
You can blame him for not getting Surtain and Campbell(they were never coming here) since it was clear they were targets but not kill him for not getting whoever if he was told not to recruit them. Dunk on him for not getting Henderson and Wilson and give him credit for Williams and Couch. **** aint that hard. He gets blame and credit for everybody he is actively recruiting in the narrative being spun where he is told who to recruit.

I’ve always said he’s brining in quality but the not numbers we need. Part of that is because we have had a db retire early, bethel transferred out and we took basically 2-3 1 or 2 year guys which hurts depth even after they leave

Why is it that u think we took 1 you at guys..oh great one?.

Dude had to see a shrink ....that's all you need to know about recruiting.

Advertisement
Back