Avante Williams

Banda has not been a bad recruiter. He recruited Hall, Carter, the two 4 stars in 2020s class, white chocolate from USC as a transfer. Rumph on the other hand...
Rumph has brought in these guys since 2017. Banda no better than rumph in recruiting. Brevin helped get bolden a lot too
4 star Trajan bandy
4 star jahvontae dean
4 star Christian williams
4 star tecory couch
4 star Gilbert frierson
4 star al blades
4 star dj ivey

Advertisement
Rumph has brought in these guys since 2017. Banda no better than rumph in recruiting. Brevin helped get bolden a lot too
4 star Trajan bandy
4 star jahvontae dean
4 star tecory couch
4 star Gilbert frierson
4 star al blades
4 star dj ivey
Yeah, Rumph hasn't done bad, but I think the whole Campbell, Surtain, then Stevenson fiasco of misses sealed his fate.

Banda missed on stevenson and jobe, rumph on surtain and campbell. Out of all the dbs we recruited that year, al blades arguably had the best sophomore season of any of them
Surtain was pretty solid and started. I don't think Campbell starts anymore. True, I forgot that we were recruiting Stevenson as a safety. Yeah man, thinking about it, Rumph hasn't done too bad

4 star Trajan bandy
4 star jahvontae dean
4 star tecory couch
4 star Gilbert frierson
4 star al blades
4 star dj ivey
Then tell us why we only have 4 cbs on the roster? Recruiting includes BOTH quality and quantity.

Advertisement
Surtain was pretty solid and started. I don't think Campbell starts anymore. True, I forgot that we were recruiting Stevenson as a safety. Yeah man, thinking about it, Rumph hasn't done too bad

Campbell starts; he had turf toe this season and he missed several weeks. Surtain starts.
4 star Trajan bandy
4 star jahvontae dean
4 star tecory couch
4 star Gilbert frierson
4 star al blades
4 star dj ivey

Bandy was coming here as soon as he got offered. Richt offered. Bandy is uber close w ST’s family & always wanted to be a Cane. That had nothing to do w Rumph.

Dean was literally dropped by Bama, but Rumph did stay on him & Dean sucked here.

Frierson is a Gore; he flirted w UGA but he, too, was going to be a Cane

Blades is a BLADES! He’s royalty here! He was going to be a Cane if you were the DB coach!

DJ Ivey was a fringe 4 star and it clearly shows y he’s a fringe 4 star, the lowest score to become such. He’s more 3 star than 4.

I’ll give him Rumph credit for Couch & Williams. But let’s not pretend he’s a recruiting savant.

Campbell starts; he had turf toe this season and he missed several weeks. Surtain starts.

Bandy was coming here as soon as he got offered. Richt offered. Bandy is uber close w ST’s family & always wanted to be a Cane. That had nothing to do w Rumph.

Dean was literally dropped by Bama, but Rumph did stay on him & Dean sucked here.

Blades is a BLADES! He’s royalty here! He was going to be a Cane if you were the DB coach!

DJ Ivey was a fringe 4 star and it clearly shows y he’s a fringe 4 star, the lowest score to become such. He’s more 3 star than 4.

I’ll give him Rumph credit for Couch & Williams. But let’s not pretend he’s a recruiting savant.

I don't think Brock understands that that there are different depth requirement at C vs S. Most teams have 9 corners on their roster. We currently have 4. His ability to evaluate talent is absolutely garbage. Also Dean was not a true 4 *. JC ratings are different from HS

Never said he was. That legacy **** and recruits who “loves Miami or grew up a fan” can work and it also can not work as we have seen plenty of times in recent years. A recruiting win is a win however so no need to discredit that

I don't think Brock understands that that there are different depth requirement at C vs S. Most teams have 9 corners on their roster. We currently have 4. His ability to evaluate talent is absolutely garbage. Also Dean was not a true 4 *. JC ratings are different from HS
I’ve always said he’s brining in quality but the not numbers we need. Part of that is because we have had a db retire early, bethel transferred out and we took basically 2-3 1 or 2 year guys which hurts depth even after they leave

Advertisement

Brock gets in to defense mode often to defend this team & decisions made. He’s a good kid, but his passion often leads to defense w/o seeing the entire picture. I’m not mad at him, he’s a real fan and loves this team and if I was in town, drinks would be on me, easy; but, his blind homerism often causes irrational defense.

Never said he was. That legacy **** and recruits who “loves Miami or grew up a fan” can work and it also can not work as we have seen plenty of times in recent years. A recruiting win is a win however so no need to discredit that

What I’m saying a “win” doesn’t mean Rumph was the reason for it.

Brock gets in to defense mode often to defend this team & decisions made. He’s a good kid, but his passion often leads to defense w/o seeing the entire picture. I’m not mad at him, he’s a real fan and loves this team and if I was in town, drinks would be on me, easy; but, his blind homerism often causes irrational defense.

You’re so smart, Relly.

I could listen to you talk all day.

:)

That’s a lie, often go at the defense and have for years saying it’s not what some of y’all think it is. Been doing that. I offer praise and criticism when it’s necessary thats all. Nothing more and nothing less

Last edited:
Advertisement
That’s a lie, often go at the defense and have for years saying it’s not what some of y’all think it is. Been doing that. I offer praise and criticism when it’s necessary thats all. Nothing more and nothing less
You lean toward the optimistic side. We could use a little more of that here.

Advertisement
You literally just discredited Banda for Brevin and turn around and say that. I could've convinced Al Blades and Trajan Bandy to go to Miami. You've gotta stop caping for Rumph at every single turn. He has not recruited well at Miami. Point blank, period. The dude literally went to a psychologist to work on it. You believe in his recruiting more than he does himself.

We have 4 scholarship corners on the roster and one kid coming in who is learning the position. That is horrible management.

You literally just discredited Banda for Brevin and turn around and say that. I could've convinced Al Blades and Trajan Bandy to go to Miami. You've gotta stop caping for Rumph at every single turn. He has not recruited well at Miami. Point blank, period. The dude literally went to a psychologist to work on it. You believe in his recruiting more than he does himself.

We have 4 scholarship corners on the roster and one kid coming in who is learning the position. That is horrible management.
Bolden said it himself Brevin was a big reason in coming here 🤷🏾‍♂️

Bolden said it himself Brevin was a big reason in coming here 🤷🏾‍♂️
And Blades be able to point to his entire family as why he came.

Frierson to Frank Gore.

And Bandy to growing up wanting to play for the Canes and legit begging for an offer.

Yet you're caping for Rumph and all of the 4 stars that he's recruited when half of them would've been Canes if any warm body was coaching the Corners.

Advertisement
Back