Avantae Williams-Kick Returner and RB

Nmiamicane630

Freshman
Premium
Watching his senior year tape, half of it is him playing RB and returning kicks. Do you all foresee him playing on offense or returning kicks at the U?

Advertisement
Advertisement
At RB doubtful, at KR possibly.

In the first week of Spring camp Pope & Knighton were getting reps at KR/PR.

I think Knighton has the shiftiness to be good at either KR or PR, Restrepo seems to be a sure handed kid that could be a very solid PR'er, the one I'm curious to see is Harley. Idk if he'd necessarily be great at PR due to he's not really a shifty runner, hasn't shown much wiggle, he's more of straight line speed guy, but I'd still like to see what he can do in the return game.

But that's an area I'd like to see us focus more in recruiting in these next couple classes, we need a dynamic return man that can change the game with flipping field position & being a threat to take one to the house at any given moment.

Advertisement
Clarke, Williams, Pope, Knighton and Restrepo as kR/PR? Can’t go by HS numbers to determine who is really fast. When Fall practice starts, Feeley should Just Line them all up, have them run sprints and see who is fastest. Then Patke can make decisions based on that.

Fastest players aren’t always the best return guys..I could see him making splashes on ST coverage..before he sees the field on D he gotta sure up that technique..personally we need to groom him for 2021..there is no reason we should expect him to be better than Bubba, carter, Hall and keontra...so before it starts..you know the why isn’t the 2nd best safety recruit starting over 4 guys with years and at least 2 off seasons on him..let’s just squash the ST or any past greats comparasions

Advertisement
Fastest players aren’t always the best return guys..I could see him making splashes on ST coverage..before he sees the field on D he gotta sure up that technique..personally we need to groom him for 2021..there is no reason we should expect him to be better than Bubba, carter, Hall and keontra...so before it starts..you know the why isn’t the 2nd best safety recruit starting over 4 guys with years and at least 2 off seasons on him..let’s just squash the ST or any past greats comparasions
Exactly, Osborn wasn't all that fast but he was real shifty returning punts.

Advertisement
Safety and all special teams kick and punt coverage. Of the freshman I think Knighton , Chaney and restrepo should get a look at returning kicks. Also marcus Clarke
While I agree on Clarke I feel he is guaranteed a redshirt this year to put on weight and learn the position

At RB doubtful, at KR possibly.

In the first week of Spring camp Pope & Knighton were getting reps at KR/PR.

I think Knighton has the shiftiness to be good at either KR or PR, Restrepo seems to be a sure handed kid that could be a very solid PR'er, the one I'm curious to see is Harley. Idk if he'd necessarily be great at PR due to he's not really a shifty runner, hasn't shown much wiggle, he's more of straight line speed guy, but I'd still like to see what he can do in the return game.

But that's an area I'd like to see us focus more in recruiting in these next couple classes, we need a dynamic return man that can change the game with flipping field position & being a threat to take one to the house at any given moment.
Harley has more shift than Phillip Dorsett, so he could do it

ST was like 4 inches taller and 30lbs heavier and just as fast. Not likely we ever see another comparable player. Hypothetically if Tae was Sean’s equal, he’d have to bottle up that type of play cause he’d be suspended every other game for devastating hits on WRs.
So you're saying next Ed Reed? I'm very good with half that.

Advertisement
Back