Avantae Williams Film Review: What will he bring to the table in 2021?

Advertisement
**** Tae is a straight beast looks like a faster more athletic Jaquan Johnson. Bolden, Tae, and James are the three I want to see get 80% of the snaps. I don’t mind Gurvan Hall getting some limited snaps behind them with Amari Carter permanently on the bench.

With Avantae Williams being cleared let's take a look at the injection of talent the DB room just received. I personally believe he will be 3rd S receiving decent snaps early on however I think his immediate impact will come as nickel CB due to his physicality and immense Man coverage upside. Also should be a main stay on ST coverage units with potential to factor in the return game. (please somebody just catch a punt)

Nice highlights but people use the word “elite” way too loosely.

Nice highlights but people use the word “elite” way too loosely.
Maybe so, but I don't think that's the case with Tae. He has an elite skill set and barring injuries or a set back, I think once he gets into football shape that elite skill set will be on full display.

Advertisement
**** Tae is a straight beast looks like a faster more athletic Jaquan Johnson. Bolden, Tae, and James are the three I want to see get 80% of the snaps. I don’t mind Gurvan Hall getting some limited snaps behind them with Amari Carter permanently on the bench.
The athletically upgraded Jaquon Johnson comparison is perfect. Tae & Bolden is our most intriguing safety pairing, IMO they would compliment each other extremely well.

Great breakdown!

Would love to see him make bigger plays in the turnover game because being an elite athlete he will be in position alot to make those plays in the back end.. (saw he missed a few chances at interceptions on the clips). The fact that he already has the mindset to tackle will get him on the field quickly. We all know Manny doesnt want anyone on the field in the secondary who isnt willing to tackle.

HOT TAKE: He will be #3 in the safety rotation (barring any setbacks injury wise) by midseason. His range and tackling ability will be hard to keep him on the bench. I think he puts Carter on the bench.
One can pray mate. One can truly pray this puts to an end Cater at the S spot.

Tae is going to tie with Bolden or lead the S room in INT’s this year. Barring any setbacks this kid is going to put the speed and athleticism on full display starting in the opener vs. Bama. Turban better be working non-stop if he has plans on holding Tae off. We have the best problem we’ve had in a long, long time with the various combinations that Manny and TRob can come up with regarding the S room. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him play nickel over a Striker on the field or in conjunction with one STR and LB. so many different elements they can play with to field the best 11 possible on defense at all times. If they all can live up to their billing AND Manny can call a great defensive game plan, we have the makings of a Top 25 defense again, with plenty of sightings of the new TO chain this season.

Is there a chance with our depth at safety and lack of depth at corner, Avantae gets significant snaps at corner?

Advertisement
I do not think so either but with his athleticism I would not be shocked if he gets some looks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back