Austin Barnard Commit?

Advertisement
I started a thread a couple weeks ago asking why we weren't recruiting a punter. This is great news. Looks like the momentum has swung back in our favor.

Golden is such a ****** boss.

If he leaves Miami, it will be to become the next CEO of Apple.

Advertisement
The Don is a big old strapping sonofabytch isn't he? I think that dude could convince me to hate pizza.

InsideTheU.com ‏@InsideTheU
P Austin Barnard Will Attend Miami as Walk-on

TOS just tweeted this... Golden gets him to WALK ON lmao....

But don't we have a bunch of available scholarships to give out since 6, Coley, Bostwick, Collins, Keif, and Kirkland are heading elsewhere according to some "experts".

In all seriousness, to get the #2 punter in the country to walk on is PIMP.

Bleacher Report thinks all those guys are headed elsewhere.

Joking or seriously, did you just use the words "Bleacher Report" and "thinks" in the same sentence? I didn't know that was possible...

I am willing to bet he will "walk on" as not sign an LOI on signing day, then when the dust settles as it always does in August, he will have a scholly. Still, boss move. Unreal. I thought Butch was awesome.

Advertisement
15 minutes of highlights for a kicker / punter? Not hating on, or devaluing the kid but dammit mane, how many highlights does a kicker / punter produce?

He's trying to get his offers too. If anything, K's and P's have to put together bigger reels to get the attention that regular position players get. Kid's got a huge leg, definitely look like a weapon.

I started a thread a couple weeks ago asking why we weren't recruiting a punter. This is great news. Looks like the momentum has swung back in our favor.

Golden doesn't let momentum swing.

He grabs the pendulum and says "get over here *****"

My gawd. All I can do is shake my head at the things golden has done, he doesnt make excuses like we cant have a walk on program because school is too expensive and such he just finds solutions. From running camps, to having recruits come to junior days at basketball games (that seemed to spill over into other recruits attending games and also committing because of experience). The guy has bought Miami football to the 21st century in terms of recruiting and how its done properly and not only that but done it at a first class level. Just these little things that took time to get roots but you can see the dividends even now.

Advertisement
it's possible that the coaches persuaded the administration to give this kid a little bit of academic scholarship.

I know some "preferred" walkons who had other D1 offers but got academic scholarships at Miami.

Literally all Golden has left to do is have these kids ready to play on Saturdays. He's got everything else figured out. Just needs to put it all together and I can't wait for it to happen.

Literally all Golden has left to do is have these kids ready to play on Saturdays. He's got everything else figured out. Just needs to put it all together and I can't wait for it to happen.

286.jpg

Advertisement
In golden I trust... Dude is a freaking beast in this recruiting game. Just close on the rest of our top prospects... Win the ACC this year and a bcs bowl game and we will be set for a long time... Recruits will be begging to come to the []_[] again.... Even pay there own way like this kicker

Advertisement
Back