August 24 is the official date of the Opener

Advertisement
Both schools have had conversations with primary air carriers asking that they provide relief for fans who need to change their plans. Florida Citrus Sports is also in contact with the Orlando tourism and lodging community and will enlist their support to accommodate travel revisions prompted by the change in game date.

Regardless
Of the date move, I like Enos and a new offense against the Gator defense with a lot of losses trying to transition. They won’t have a lot of film to review and they will have a lot of defensive kids thinking and not reacting due to Lack of experience. Let’s eat. We may just be able to out score them and win.

Advertisement
This is f*cking stupid.

Now I've got a group of family members who can't go because they're out of the country that weekend.

How do I get refunded for the 4 additional tickets I did not need to buy?

Sell them on stubhub at a massive markup just like the high donors did with full rows of seats that they bought over their allotments.

Sorry, bro, but holding extra tickets to the Miami-**** game does not really qualify as a "problem".

Don't mean to be insensitive, and this could have been handled better, for sure, but the game move is undoubtedly better for Miami Hurricanes Football, even if it does come at some inconvenience to some fans.

Logisgical issues aside, I love it.

Beat the Gators in front of the entire country and show everyone that it’s a new day.
Especially when they think they're gonna hang 50 on us and beat us by at least 3 TD's.

Tears will be flowing, D$. Can you sense it...all those clicks on my favorite 890 page thread? All those screenshots from yours truly and @Canes2082 ? All those Twitter updates from @brock ?

Advertisement
92aW.gif

Advertisement
Regardless
Of the date move, I like Enos and a new offense against the Gator defense with a lot of losses trying to transition. They won’t have a lot of film to review and they will have a lot of defensive kids thinking and not reacting due to Lack of experience. Let’s eat. We may just be able to out score them and win.

It Tate gets wavier, they will have zero film. We’ve never had a qb that can run like him. Huge chance for Manny to make a statement. Gator does not have their favorite opposing coach.

Advertisement
This is f*cking stupid.

Now I've got a group of family members who can't go because they're out of the country that weekend.

How do I get refunded for the 4 additional tickets I did not need to buy?

If you want to sell two of them. Let me know. I called the season ticket office on the designated day to get my stipend of 4 and they told me I could only buy 2 in the nose bleeds! Apparently the big boy donors bought up all the good seats the day before. Smh.

There's no doubt they handled this poorly. If they were considering making the change back in December, would it really have been hard to let fans know of the possibility?

From a football perspective, it's a good move though:

-We get an extra week of practice since we can start camp earlier
-We get a an extra bye
-That bye gives us a week to recover from a physical game, adjust the offense, and prep for UNC. UNC has to play SCar on 8/31 then turn around and play us the next week
-Hype for TNM. This game is the focus of the weekend. Its great publicity and free advertising for the program

It's a huge opportunity. Let's hope Diaz has the team ready for it

Advertisement
Back