Auburn just paid Rhett’s mentor 22 million to take a walk.

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25719

Auburn just paid Gus 22 million to get out of Dodge because among other reasons his offense underperformed. This is close to the offense that Rhett runs. Thoughts?

Advertisement
Auburn just paid Gus 22 million to get out of Dodge because among other reasons his offense underperformed. This is close to the offense that Rhett runs. Thoughts?
I thought it was $12m after this year? In any case, it is part of Rhett’s offense. Specifically the run portion. However Rhett has incorporated Sonny Dykes’s passing concepts. It has been inconsistent, though no spring, a new QB, new coaches, and an OL that needs talent can certainly do that. There is enough ****ed up with the program where you don’t need to make **** up to get your point across.

I thought it was $12m after this year? In any case, it is part of Rhett’s offense. Specifically the run portion. However Rhett has incorporated Sonny Dykes’s passing concepts. It has been inconsistent, though no spring, a new QB, new coaches, and an OL that needs talent can certainly do that. There is enough ****ed up with the program where you don’t need to make **** up to get your point across.

Never could recruit a good QB to run his system. You have to be able to be efficient completing the short & intermediate passes, hit the deep ones when they're there, and make plays with your legs when you have to.

They thought Nix was the guy but he's not. He can't hit the deep ball and he's not as efficient as he was projected at everything else. Some say it is a result of the OL which is possible.

Lashlee has had King (better than anyone he or Gus had at Auburn). How will the position be after King basically decides what trajectory his career goes compared to Gus.

Advertisement
I think every word to you post as inside information is completely fabricated.
Absolutely! Information is all bull****, pictures are photoshopped, but I will make one more fabrication coming up later this week that will have all you clowns eating crow! Then Bernie 2.0 will pull a Rusty Medaris and ride off into the sunset. For all you experts you’ll probably have to google Rusty to get the story on his great career.

Absolutely! Information is all bull****, pictures are photoshopped, but I will make one more fabrication coming up later this week that will have all you clowns eating crow! Then Bernie 2.0 will pull a Rusty Medaris and ride off into the sunset.
But why?

Come, drop bombs against Miami, leave???

To what positive end?

Advertisement
Lol I’m interested to see just how far you’re willing to take this. I’m not calling you a troll @Bernie 2-0. You know what I mean

Absolutely! Information is all bull****, pictures are photoshopped, but I will make one more fabrication coming up later this week that will have all you clowns eating crow! Then Bernie 2.0 will pull a Rusty Medaris and ride off into the sunset. For all you experts you’ll probably have to google Rusty to get the story on his great career.

Rusty is one of the reasons i'm a Canes fan. Absolute terror off the edge. Loved that guy.

Advertisement
2.0 I’m not tryna call you out cause what you’re saying has merit.

But Gus taught Rhett but Rhett left him to hone his skills under other offensive minds. The run game is similar but Gus is known to have the worst pass game ever. That’s the reason I think he left. Also Gus wasn’t a terrible coach. He just couldn’t replicate what he did year 1. Lashlee is good. He can be great if he learns to become more multiple and not rely on only tempo hurry up.

Just my two cents. I appreciate what you bring to the board.

2.0 I’m not tryna call you out cause what you’re saying has merit.

But Gus taught Rhett but Rhett left him to hone his skills under other offensive minds. The run game is similar but Gus is known to have the worst pass game ever. That’s the reason I think he left. Also Gus wasn’t a terrible coach. He just couldn’t replicate what he did year 1. Lashlee is good. He can be great if he learns to become more multiple and not rely on only tempo hurry up.

Just my two cents. I appreciate what you bring to the board.
Your points are well taken. Not having spring ball and learning language, terminology and scheme did not help so I am waiting to see what happens next year. I know when Dennis came here in 89 it was a huge adjustment for Craig and Gino going from the pro set to Coach E’s one back early day spread. Fortunately they were Able to pick up the system terminology andvscheme in the spring and we’re ready to go come fall and that is a huge difference. I know this explanation will outkick several of the experts coverage

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
The jury is still out. Venables handed Rhett his lunch, struggled against VA, Pitt had their QB who knows what happens. Carolina even stopped us until they were up 75 so I’ll wait and see.
Never said otherwise. I said your premise that Lashlee's and Malzahn's offenses are the same is flat out wrong.

What point are you looking to make? Are you implying that Rhett is going down the same path?

Never could recruit a good QB to run his system. You have to be able to be efficient completing the short & intermediate passes, hit the deep ones when they're there, and make plays with your legs when you have to.

They thought Nix was the guy but he's not. He can't hit the deep ball and he's not as efficient as he was projected at everything else. Some say it is a result of the OL which is possible.

Lashlee has had King (better than anyone he or Gus had at Auburn). How will the position be after King basically decides what trajectory his career goes compared to Gus.
Gus was pretty good at recruiting skill players but sucked a bringing in the Oline. The truth is he's not as good as people propped him up to be. Quarterbacks actually regressed under him. Malik Willis was third string at Auburn just think about that. Gus was going to switch him to wide receiver!

Advertisement
Back