Attention Georgia Canes! UM Georgia License Plate Campaign

canestim

Junior
If you live in GA and are interested in bringing the UM plate to Georgia please sign up and share!

University of Miami License Plate

ga_licenseplate.png

The UM Georgia License Plate

U License Plate
Share your 'Canes pride this holiday season!

Join the campaign to bring the UM plate to Georgia and refer a friend.
The state of Georgia requires a commitment of at least 1,000 paid applications to begin production of the specialty plate. Sign up to purchase your plate and refer a friend using #UMGAPlate .

*The cost of the specialty plate is $30.19, which includes the $25 application fee
plus a non-refundable $5.19 processing fee. This does not cover renewal of Georgia tags.

It's about time Georgia 'Canes have the chance to PRIDE THEIR RIDE.

MORE ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN:

The UM Alumni Association and Georgia Department of Revenue are partnering to issue the University of Miami license plate in the state of Georgia. Georgia requires a commitment of at least 1,000 paid applications by September 2016 in order to begin production of the specialty plate. Once the goal is met, paid applicants will be notified and provided with instructions on how, when and where to obtain the plate. The initial $25 investment as part of this campaign covers production costs for the specialty plate, and does not cover any regular Georgia tag renewal costs. If by September 2016 the required amount of paid applications is not collected, refunds will be issued.

FAQs:

Does filling out the application and submitting payment guarantee I will receive a plate?
No. By filling out the application and submitting payment, you are contributing toward the 1,000 paid applications goal that is required for bringing the UM plate to Georgia.

How much is the plate?
The cost of the specialty plate is $30.19, which includes the $25 application fee plus a non-refundable $5.19 electronic processing fee. This does not cover cover renewal of Georgia tags.

I already paid for my plate. What do I need to do?
We have your payment in the system and you are being counted toward the 1,000 paid applications goal. If you'd like to confirm this with us, contact mtejera@miami.edu.

I’m not sure if I already paid. How can I check?
Yes. Please contact us at mtejera@miami.edu and we will be happy to check our records.

Can I fill out an application but pay later?
No. In order to be counted toward the 1,000 paid applications goal, the $25 down payment must be received as part of this campaign.

I don't want to pay online. Is online payment the only option?
Online payment is preferred for efficiency and ease. If you prefer offline payment, fill out the paper application and submit it with your $25 check made payable to the University of Miami to:

Office of Alumni Relations
University of Miami
Georgia License Plate Program
P.O. Box 248053
Coral Gables, FL 33124-9872

How will I be notified when the goal is reached?
Paid applicants will be notifeid via email when the goal has been reached.

Can I purchase more than one specialty plate?
Yes.

How can I get a refund?
If the University of Miami does not collect at least 1,000 paid applications for the University of Miami license plate in Georgia by September 30, 2016, all payments received for the UM license plate in Georgia will be refunded. If you would like to request a refund before that date, please contact Marlen Tejera, Director of Finance at mtejera@miami.edu.

**Please note** The processing fee is not refundable. The processing fee is not collected by the Georgia Department of Revenue for the license plate application. This processing fee is collected by the University of Miami to offset credit card processing expenses.
Help us reach our 1000
license plate goal.

328 licenses

For more information, contact:
Veena Abraham, J.D. '09
Senior Director, Alumni Programs

Andy Vittor, B.B.A. ’04, M.B.A. ’06
Director, Alumni Programs
1-866-UMALUMS

Advertisement

I usually appreciate your trolling but not in this case. This is directly from the Atlanta Alumni Association.

Georgia 'Cane Alumni and Supporters - We need your help!

We are reaching out to you locally, from UM supporter to UM supporter, because you have signed a commitment to have a University of Miami license plate in Georgia. Because of your support, we have obtained approval from the State of Georgia to continue with the University of Miami license plate effort! Thank You!

The next step is to have 1000 people complete an application and pay the $25 fee. Please drop what you are doing (it will only take a minute) and follow this link to complete the application and pay the $25 (either by check or credit card) to get our UM license plate in production (one fee per car/license plate). We worked hard with the U to be able to offer a credit card option to pay this fee, so there isn't any excuse now! Here's the link: University of Miami License Plate

We only have 6 months left to reach the necessary number of 1000 and to date we only have had 329 people commit with payment. If you are one of the 329 - THANK YOU. We need 671 more... take a minute and forward this e-mail to someone whom you know who wants a license plate but has not paid the fee yet.

And we have just one question for you... do you want to be in Georgia traffic looking at "other" schools' license plates without being able to proudly display your support for the U? And whether you are in Atlanta, Macon, Savannah, Valdosta or in between... there is no Georgia location that should be without U license plates!

And, as always, Go Canes!

The Atlanta 'Canes Board

Advertisement
Advertisement
This has been going on since 2014?

This is the Georgia Department of Revenue we are talking about here... :topsy_turvy:

It went through the first stage which is getting 1,000 people to sign a petition for the application, then you actually need 1,000 paid commitments in the second stage to get the application approved which is what they are in now.

Advertisement
I know there is a lot of canes fans here in valdosta

Is there really? I went to VSU and never saw another Canes fan the 5 years I lived in Valdosta.

**** I know at least 5 that live in South GA. Its a lot of Canes in this state.

Lots around Atlanta. I see tons here in Gwinnett County. But I doubt many of them are here on CIS hitting F5 all day. It would be nice for this to get done.

I know there is a lot of canes fans here in valdosta

Is there really? I went to VSU and never saw another Canes fan the 5 years I lived in Valdosta.

**** I know at least 5 that live in South GA. Its a lot of Canes in this state.

Lots around Atlanta. I see tons here in Gwinnett County. But I doubt many of them are here on CIS hitting F5 all day. It would be nice for this to get done.

I live up next to base and yea I have a bunch of Miami fans near me. Even my mail man is a canes fan.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back