Attendance Yesterday

umhurricane2511

Always Faithful
Per ESPN, it was 62,053.

Now obviously it was nowhere near that, but what do you guys think the number was at.

There were a lot of empty seats, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.

Advertisement
I was thinking 47-51K. 62K is obviously tickets sold. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the turnout. We've got to find a way to start packing the house early next season though. I'm not sure how to do, but there's got to be something. We've at least got to make the lower bowl look full.

Advertisement
Did they say they were gonna make renovations to the stadium to get seats closer to the field when the Marlins move out ?

I was thinking 47-51K. 62K is obviously tickets sold. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the turnout. We've got to find a way to start packing the house early next season though. I'm not sure how to do, but there's got to be something. We've at least got to make the lower bowl look full.

Pretty much my thinking as well. I was surprised at the crowd that showed up, Cheap tix handed out to employees and $10 parking passes as well as the $10 food court vouchers. Me and the wifey scooped up 4 of those bad boys.

Advertisement
Pretty much my thinking as well. I was surprised at the crowd that showed up, Cheap tix handed out to employees and $10 parking passes as well as the $10 food court vouchers. Me and the wifey scooped up 4 of those bad boys.

Yeah, I wasn't sure where those food vouchers came from...but I saw a dude and his girl buying enough food and drink for the Duggar family and didn't pay a cent for it. Dude whipped out about 20 of those $10 vouchers.

The NFL told Ross he would have to make some additional upgrades if he even wanted consideration for another Super Bowl. Rumor has it he is considering lowering the field in order to bring the seats closer to the action. That along with a partial roof should help some of the atmosphere.
Did they say they were gonna make renovations to the stadium to get seats closer to the field when the Marlins move out ?

Folks are hurting for cash in a lot of areas. I believe this is the biggest factor in the current attendance dilemma.
Yeah, I wasn't sure where those food vouchers came from...but I saw a dude and his girl buying enough food and drink for the Duggar family and didn't pay a cent for it. Dude whipped out about 20 of those $10 vouchers.

I have to imagine that our empty stadium may start affecting us in recruiting. As has been said wins will help this tremendously. Wish I lived closer so I could make the home games.

Advertisement

I mentioned this in previous threads. Those vouchers initiated a frenzy. The vendor lines were 10x as long. When you have to consider an additional $25 per person outside the admission, it's a huge factor in going to the game.

Yea we were suprised as well. The talent definitely came through as usual... And I agree there HAS to be a way to fill-up the lower bowl. We would move our season tix if there was something comparable to the upper bowl row 1 @ the 45-yard line & it not cost $100s more than our tix package

Advertisement
Yea we were suprised as well. The talent definitely came through as usual... And I agree there HAS to be a way to fill-up the lower bowl. We would move our season tix if there was something comparable to the upper bowl row 1 @ the 45-yard line & it not cost $100s more than our tix package

Yeah, we're on the 20 in row 7 of the upper deck..and I love our seats. I enjoy being able to watch line play and still see the route develop in my peripheral vision. It's a great vantage point to teach my 11 year old daughter and 12 year old nephew the game. Not sure the best way to fill up the lower bowl, but for TV purposes only, it's got to look full next season.

It is ridiculously expensive. The tix arent even that bad, its the parking and food that kills you. I thankfully can afford it, but many folks cant.

Advertisement
Back