Attacking defense

Canefan@ArkSt

Recruit
It has been stated all year how much better this defense is because of the more aggressive style of play. Everyone has talked about our front 7 but one thing that I think was completely underrated was the way we attacked screens. We had a LINEBACKER almost get a pick 6 while defending a screen to the OUTSIDE receiver. Last year our defenders would've been playing patty cake 10 yards downfield.

Advertisement
It's what Diaz preaches. Tackle well and tackle in space. I think that the aggressive scheme and play calling is great, but this is the point that is truly our bread and butter. Our tackling, especially the back 7, was night and day better this year.

El Jefe has been the hands down best Coach & recruiter on staff...

The job he did with 3 True Freshman LB's, considering we lost our best LB in Grace before the season, lost Juwon Young & Gordinier, and still had the LB unit playing stellar deserves the Crown of all Crowns.

He even had mi brudda Young Lion Mike Smith playing better than he's ever had since High School.

Not to mention, the way he called games this year, he absolutely won **** near every Chess match right there on the field vs opposing OC's.

Advertisement
I don't hear yall tripping about LB's being lined up over slot WR's anymore.

There's a big difference in asking a LB to cover the slot WR when the DL is getting to the QB within 3 seconds compared to asking them to do the same task with 3 down linemen who aren't going all out attacking and allowing the QB to have 5+ seconds every single drop back.

Diaz can get away with it because the scheme and talent does not allow for the QB to have the time for the slot WR to go downfield on the LB. Dorito's scheme was passive and him asking LBs to cover WRs in it was a joke.

I'm sure you'll now say, duh, that was my point, but whatever Corch Nacho.

There's a big difference in asking a LB to cover the slot WR when the DL is getting to the QB within 3 seconds compared to asking them to do the same task with 3 down linemen who aren't going all out attacking and allowing the QB to have 5+ seconds every single drop back.

Diaz can get away with it because the scheme and talent does not allow for the QB to have the time for the slot WR to go downfield on the LB. Dorito's scheme was passive and him asking LBs to cover WRs in it was a joke.

I'm sure you'll now say, duh, that was my point, but whatever Corch Nacho.

Duh, that was my point!

The job he did with 3 True Freshman LB's, considering we lost our best LB in Grace before the season, lost Juwon Young & Gordinier, and still had the LB unit playing stellar deserves the Crown of all Crowns.

He even had mi brudda Young Lion Mike Smith playing better than he's ever had since High School.

Not to mention, the way he called games this year, he absolutely won **** near every Chess match right there on the field vs opposing OC's.

What Coach Diaz did to West ****** was impressive. That is when you know you have a real coach - Diaz took that month and had an answer for every single thing Dana threw at him. That is why Dana was on the sideline screaming and throwing temper tantrums like my 6 year old.

I experience anxiety at the thought of Diaz taking a HC job somewhere else once the offers start pouring in.

Advertisement

What Coach Diaz did to West ****** was impressive. That is when you know you have a real coach - Diaz took that month and had an answer for every single thing Dana threw at him. That is why Dana was on the sideline screaming and throwing temper tantrums like my 6 year old.

Facts!!!

The only thing I will say is that Fuente kicked his butt and Bimbo caught him slipping juuuust enough.(although Kaaya saved Bimbo)

I had an icky feeling going into the Vatech game because of Mark and Manny's inexperience in preparation for Thursday night games.

I had a feeling we would have trouble.

I really hope our entire coaching staff learned a lot about those ACC Thursday night games.

Facts!!!

The only thing I will say is that Fuente kicked his butt and Bimbo caught him slipping juuuust enough.(although Kaaya saved Bimbo)

I had an icky feeling going into the Vatech game because of Mark and Manny's inexperience in preparation for Thursday night games.

I really hope our entire coaching staff learned a lot about those ACC Thursday night games.
You have to remember about that Va Tech game, we were missing 4 starters that game due to injury...

Plus, the Offense played absolutely horrendous... It was one of Kaaya's worst games of the season.
Even when the Defense was getting stops, the Offense would go 3 & out and the Defense would be back on the field immediately.

I experience anxiety at the thought of Diaz taking a HC job somewhere else once the offers start pouring in.

HC in training? He wants to be in Miami and will be one of the top candidates when it comes, then move Kool to DC,

VT has a great offense. Even some of the best defenses slip up once or twice in a season. That's when you expect your other unit to step up.

If our defense only ****s the bed once a season I think we'll be alright. Truthfully there's no reason the University Of Miami shouldn't have an explosive offense every season. We should be able to shoot it out with people if our defense takes the night off.

Advertisement

Facts!!!

You have to remember about that Va Tech game, we were missing 4 starters that game due to injury...

Plus, the Offense played absolutely horrendous... It was one of Kaaya's worst games of the season.
Even when the Defense was getting stops, the Offense would go 3 & out and the Defense would be back on the field immediately.

I don't know how many people noticed, that there were multiple drives in the second half where Diaz had 6 true freshman on the field at the same time. Bethel, Jackson, McCloud, Pinckney, Quarterman and Young. This was when it was a one score game. Does anybody have any idea how insane that is? To be playing on a Thursday night, in Lane Stadium, against a very good VT offense in a close game. 6 true freshman on D.

Facts!!!

I don't know how many people noticed, that there were multiple drives in the second half where Diaz had 6 true freshman on the field at the same time. Bethel, Jackson, McCloud, Pinckney, Quarterman and Young. This was when it was a one score game. Does anybody have any idea how insane that is? To be playing on a Thursday night, in Lane Stadium, against a very good VT offense in a close game. 6 true freshman on D.

We also played a freaking game the Saturday previous.

My two favorite coaches, Diaz and Kool, and my two favorite words "UNWAVERING VIOLENCE".

Advertisement

We both know every team in college and the pros split LB's out and drop DL back into coverage to disguise some blitzes. People here just liked to complain about it because NoD was so bad at getting pressure on the QB, that it was a glaringly obvious thing to complain about even if you had zero football knowledge. People see Shayon Green getting beat in coverage and don't realize it's because the QB had too much time to go through his reads and find him.

It's almost comical how much better Diaz and Kool are at getting guys home to the QB. This team lost its best edge rusher(AQM) and its best blitzing LB(Grace) from last season, and somehow managed to wreck havoc in the backfield. Anyone who thinks scheme and coaching doesn't make good players look great or great players look bad, is an idiot.

Before the season almost everyone penciled in the VT game as a loss. Little depth, short week on the road, after what would likely be a slugfest with UNC. It played out pretty much as any sensible person expected and yet people claim that Manny got outcorched? Wtf? What exactly was he supposed to do? Ask Walton to play both ways?

Facts!!!

We also played a freaking game the Saturday previous.

We had four big games in a row...what idiot scheduled that?

We both know every team in college and the pros split LB's out and drop DL back into coverage to disguise some blitzes. People here just liked to complain about it because NoD was so bad at getting pressure on the QB, that it was a glaringly obvious thing to complain about even if you had zero football knowledge. People see Shayon Green getting beat in coverage and don't realize it's because the QB had too much time to go through his reads and find him.

It's almost comical how much better Diaz and Kool are at getting guys home to the QB. This team lost its best edge rusher(AQM) and its best blitzing LB(Grace) from last season, and somehow managed to wreck havoc in the backfield. Anyone who thinks scheme and coaching doesn't make good players look great or great players look bad, is an idiot.

would rep

Advertisement
Back