Athlete Update. | UM offers Dravon Henry

TexCane

Sophomore
Name: Dravon Henry

Hometown/School: Aliquippa, PA (Aliquippa)
HT: 5’-11” | WT: 185 | 40: 4.50
Season Stats:
247Sports Composite: Rating: 93 Rank: #12 Ath
Scouting Report (s): na
Schools of Interest: (27) Ohio State, PSU, Pitt WVU, Miami, FSU, Md., MI…
Leader(s): Ohio State, PSU, Pitt WVU
Chance: Fair

UPDATES:

4/24/13: Miami has offered athlete prospect Dravon Henry from Aliquippa, PA. Dravon is rated 93 and ranked the #12 athlete in the nation by 247Sports Composite. Henry’s stock is quickly rising as he attends 7x7s and will continue with summer camps.

Miami is recruiting Henry as a safety or CB. At this point, Ohio State, Penn State, Pitt and West Virginia are leading. However, Coach Golden has many connections in this part of the country and it’s a long way to NSD. Trust The Tie!

:cigar:

Last edited:
Advertisement
is he 5'8 120lbs, plays QB/KICKER and runs a 4.9 40?

or 6'3 230lbs plays WR and S and runs a 4.3?

does he have interest in us?

common Tex, complacency is not acceptable

How good do you think our chances are? It seems he's pretty high on a few other schools. Thanks for the update

Advertisement
How good do you think our chances are? It seems he's pretty high on a few other schools. Thanks for the update

Sandman... The full profile is now posted. Regarding our chances, Henry has quickly become a hot commodity in the northeast. All the area major programs (Penn state Pitt, Ohio State) are in on him. It will probably be a tough pull for the Canes, but The Tie has many connections in that area of the country. Let's watch it play out. At this time, I would say our chances are fair, at best.

:cigar:

We used to get almost all our players from around there.

Beaver County. Good.

Last edited:
I see a safety. Not great footwork for the running back/wide receiver/Corner level. Plus the competition looks **** poor. Still a fantastic athlete.

Advertisement
Aliquippa is a factory, or at least used to be, of memory serves. A hard *** safety from up that way could be just what the doctor ordered.

Advertisement
We used to get almost all our players from around there.

Beaver County. Good.

You must have been around for the Andy Gustafson days.

Absolutely. I've written on different message boards about the demographics of our football program through the late '60's. We used to recruit western Maryland (great talent in Cumberland, and Chuck Foreman was from Frederick), western Pennsylvania (a ton of players for UM), western NY state (Don Bosseler, talent around the Buffalo area, including Jim Burt); northern West Virginia, through Ohio and northern Indiana. Blue-collared kids, sons of steel workers, miners, factory workers. I could still name the players and towns that many of our players from the 50's, 60's and so on, came from.

By the way, didn't Tony Dorsett come from Aliquippa?

Of course, I like anything with Beaver in it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I really want this kid he is a STUD end of story get him AL need a safety here he is go get him

Top 5 Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Maryland, Miami. & Louisville
- No school leads right now
- Has set up official visits so far to Pitt Jan 17th and West Virginia Jan 31st
- He will be at the Pitt vs Miami game on Friday
- He has a good relationship with Coach Gibson from West Virginia and he likes the atmosphere there.
- Maryland coaches will be at his school on Dec 2nd and he will official there
- He thinks Miami is a big time program and reminded him a lot of his powerhouse high school
- Louisville is only in his top 5 because Ohio State took another safety in his place and he wasn't even talking to them until Ohio State dropped him.

Advertisement
Back