athlete Cre'Von Leblanc

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School athlete Cre'Von Leblanc continues to be recruited by Miami.

But he's still waiting on a scholarship offer.

"Of course I'm still considering Miami," he says. "I get a lot of mail from Miami, like every day. They just talk about coming to visit the school, get close to their environment."

So far Leblanc lists a pair of offers, from LSU and Marshall. And he says Vanderbilt has said an offer is on its way as well.

"I don't have anyone in front right now," he said. "Everyone is even."

He says if the Canes offer that "I could see myself at Miami."

Does he think he'll land that UM offer?

"Hopefully," he said. "I'm praying about it.

"I'm talking with Miami coaches. The last time I talked to them they were just calling me a big-time star, trying to get me down there, were saying they're waiting on (offering). I was talking to Al Golden, he said he's looking forward to seeing me at Miami."

* Glades Central is currently competing in the playoffs. Leblanc's team defeated Titusville, 33-0, in the first round and now plays Friday against Merritt Island.

Leblanc is playing safety and cornerback and also returns kicks - he has five interceptions.

* Leblanc says he's not concerned about any potential NCAA sanctions facing Miami.

And he says the one-year bowl ban is not a big deal when it comes to his recruitment.

"One game really doesn't matter," he said. "It depends on how you produce in all the games that I look at. So it doesn't affect me."

Advertisement
This kid is a baller that normally wouldn't even get a look here because of his height. Looks like a corner or slot wr to me

These Glade kids never seem to bust out like a lot of other schools. Though none of these have ended up to be cant miss elite kids, the last few we've gotten (Benjamin, Berry, Randy Phillips, Regis, Walford beginning) have all been significant contributors, ranging from serviceable to good.

He will probably end up being a really good player in college...and then posters will complain "how could we let him escape south fla!???"

Advertisement
He had something like 6 interceptions his junior year and wore a cast on his hand. That has to say something about his ability.

I think LSU has proven pretty good at evaluating DBs...if they legitametly want him, get the kid an offer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back