Athan Kaliakmanis 2021 QB as a Miami Recruit

Paranos

All-ACC
2021 QB Athan Kaliakmanis from Illinois (Minnesota commit) # 11 dual threat QB 6'4" 200lbs. Supposedly him and brother Dino are a package deal hence why they are committed to Minnesota. Apparently coach Lashlee is quietly kicking the tires on the young man.

Minnesota lost the OC that recruited him in 2019 and to whom Athan committed and now with Minnesota having a crap season and a loaded QB room with 4 QBs ahead of him ( two are redshirt freshman so Athan is looking at a long road to playing time.) An there is the fact he would be in limbo between the legacy QB's and the Minnesota's new OC's hand picked 2022 QB recruit. Minnesota has already planted the seed in his brother Dino's head to be open to switching to defense to play LB/SS. So the brothers maybe splitting up if Athan comes to Miami.

2019 Orlando Rivals Camp

2018 his sophomore season. He has good composure .

Go Canes

Advertisement
turned bindi irwin GIF

I was looking at MN's commit list earlier because of Ortiz. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on this kid, as long as he understands big brother is walking on or going somewhere else. More importantly, what's the deal with Avante ****erson, their #1 rated commit who just happens to be a CB the same height as Covington (and Ortiz). Could also be worth checking in on. He's from Omaha of all places.

Advertisement
I was looking at MN's commit list earlier because of Ortiz. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on this kid, as long as he understands big brother is walking on or going somewhere else. More importantly, what's the deal with Avante ****erson, their #1 rated commit who just happens to be a CB the same height as Covington (and Ortiz). Could also be worth checking in on. He's from Omaha of all places.

Dino Kaliakmanis i believe has an offer from FAU but playing at Minnesota is a better option.

Go Canes

Dino Kaliakmanis i believe has an offer from FAU but playing at Minnesota is a better option.

Go Canes
Ah, so basically we would have to convince him that the MN offer was basically a courtesy offer and that playing time would be hard to come by. I assume he has a lot better chance to play at FAU given he is MN's lowest ranked recruit right now.

Ah, so basically we would have to convince him that the MN offer was basically a courtesy offer and that playing time would be hard to come by. I assume he has a lot better chance to play at FAU given he is MN's lowest ranked recruit right now.

Dino knows he got the offer because of the brother, he can't be that naive. Dino can go play at FAU ( if the family wants the boys playing close together) or if Minnesota wants to honor the offer that's even better. The family owns a pizzeria so it's extremely doubtful Dino get's financial aid at Miami which would rule out Dino taking a PWO offer to UM ($70K out of his parents pocket) over a free ride.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
We’ve had a kid from Omaha. That OL about ten years ago.

Dino knows he got the offer because of the brother, he can't be that naive. Dino can go play at FAU ( if the family wants the boys playing close together) or if Minnesota wants to honor the offer that's even better. The family owns a pizzeria so it's extremely doubtful Dino get's financial aid at Miami which would rule out Dino taking a PWO offer to UM ($70K out of his parents pocket) over a free ride.

Go Canes
Yeah. Pizza’s lucrative.

Advertisement
Just watched his tape & he's got a nice arm & good athleticism.

Gotta imagine a Midwest kid who's been committed to Minnesota as long as he has (since March of 2019) would be difficult to flip from Minne. But he's a 4-star with good size & upside.

If Lashlee's gonna try to flip a QB, he should try to get one of the Miss St kids, they got 2 TX QB's committed in their class Sawyer Robertson who he actually offered when he was at SMU & Daniel Greek who has nice arm talent & good mobility.

How hard could it be to convince a kid to not wanna play for a career fck up like Mike Leach lol.

Last edited:
I have never seen a good one go out of business. The work is hard with long hours, but the margins are decent and business is steady. An casual fast food dining will be a high demand sector over the next few years given the shift to social distancing.

Go Canes
Most business owners with a pizzeria show little to no income. I wouldn’t be surprised if they qualified for a full ride.

Advertisement
Most business owners with a pizzeria show little to no income. I wouldn’t be surprised if they qualified for a full ride.

Showing little taxable income vs cash flow are two very different things my friend. Most pizzeria owners I have met are flushed with a bounty greenbacks but to uncle sam they are just getting bye. Managing food cost and labor are the biggest keys along with product pricing.

Go Canes

Showing little taxable income vs cash flow are two very different things my friend. Most pizzeria owners I have met are flushed with a bounty greenbacks but to uncle sam they are just getting bye. Managing food cost and labor are the biggest keys along with product pricing.

Go Canes
The question at hand has nothing to do with business cash flow. It’s about a kid getting financial aid to UM. First of all, UM doesn’t meet a high percentage of remaining need. So even if a kid gets financial aid it’s not going to be enough for a full ride unless they get academic scholarships or grants. Financial aid in order to determine remaining need is based off of personal assets and your income tax returns on the FAFSA or College Board.

The question at hand has nothing to do with business cash flow. It’s about a kid getting financial aid to UM. First of all, UM doesn’t meet a high percentage of remaining need. So even if a kid gets financial aid it’s not going to be enough for a full ride unless they get academic scholarships or grants. Financial aid in order to determine remaining need is based off of personal assets and your income tax returns on the FAFSA or College Board.

I understand all that, I was just saying that a PWO would not be a wise option for Dino who has full ride offers elsewhere. The parents have 4 kids, so pumping $70k annually into one child's education would be a tough sell just so he can play football with his younger brother. A more viable option if Athan flips to Miami and Dino gets dropped by Minnesota is for Dino to sign with FAU since he has an offer from them ( which is odd that FAU offered him as a midwest 3*, given all the local south Florida talent).

Go Canes

Last edited:
I'm trying to remember the last Greek we had on the team. I know Leonard Conley was from Tarpon Springs.

Advertisement
Back