2023 ATH Robby Washington; Killian HS

Advertisement
Take all day at backer imo...Kinda raw sure. But twitchy and can thump. Room for another 30 lbs too

Is it at all possible he could play end? He seemed more comfortable closer to the line of scrimmage.

His tape reminds you of the linebackers Manny recruited. His thumping is impressive, but the way he makes reads and gets to the ball carrier is not. Reminds me of McCloud but not sure he is as big. I think he would excel as an edge if moved there immediately (if he has the frame that is).

His brother LB Bobby has all you want in a recruit coming out of high school. As said, he is raw but you can’t teach his fearlessness, quickness, and hitting ability. U can teach him better technique and he has a lot of room for added weight on his 6’3 frame. His is gonna be a problem with an excellent LB coach and S&C program. He is a take all day, especially with his brother Robby.

He still has another season of high school to play so we can keep an eye on his development, but for right now, they are well worth locking in.

I see Nate Webster in his attitude.

Oh he 6’3?

Unless he got T Rex arms I think his future is at end.

My concern is his tape is short and his highlights tell you why. He false steps often and watches where the ball is going instead of reacting immediately to his keys. He takes the scenic route to the ball carrier too often. I think keeping him at linebacker would be a disservice to us and him.

But hey, we got some real professionals coaching linebackers now. They might be able to turn him into a player. I really liked what I saw when they walked him down to the line though.

Oh he 6’3?

Unless he got T Rex arms I think his future is at end.

My concern is his tape is short and his highlights tell you why. He false steps often and watches where the ball is going instead of reacting immediately to his keys. He takes the scenic route to the ball carrier too often. I think keeping him at linebacker would be a disservice to us and him.

But hey, we got some real professionals coaching linebackers now. They might be able to turn him into a player. I really liked what I saw when they walked him down to the line though.
If people concern Bobby as a “take” the question becomes do you take him as a package with Robby? Robby is as good as any ATH in the country. Personally I think he can develop into a solid LB. If we shut him out I guess that shows we only recruit top tier LBs now. I’ll be happy either way this goes.

If people concern Bobby as a “take” the question becomes do you take him as a package with Robby? Robby is as good as any ATH in the country. Personally I think he can develop into a solid LB. If we shut him out I guess that shows we only recruit top tier LBs now. I’ll be happy either way this goes.
Look there are so many dam misses in recruiting that 100% you recruit Bobby just hoping to get Robby. If Robby turns out to be a Devin Hester type or maybe a Kevin Smith type **** yes you recruit the fck out of his brother to land a player with that type of impact. OHHHHHHH by the way what if Bobby actually turns out to be better then his brother. lol . Man yalllllllll going eat a whole lot of crow. Thing is its totally possible.

Advertisement

I understand Brooklyndee’s concerns. But personally, I think we do what we got to sign Robby. We have been passing on that type explosion for too long. If that means signing his brother, so be it.

I only started dabbling in recruiting the last few seasons, so I am no expert. I just give my opinion on what I like and don’t in the players listed. I have seen his weaknesses in guys who have struggled here. I admittedly don’t have experience to know if these issues can be fixed. I just know Manny couldn’t fix them, but that ain’t saying much.

That’s why I put my opinions and first impresssions out here often. I learn many new things from push back and disagreements.

Rated top 5 on offense at Battle Vegas

WR Robby Washington – He picked up where he started the event making plays any way possible. He showed soft hands and speed to run by guys over and over. He has very good burst and possessed good quickness. Washington played with a knack for making the tough play in traffic over and over. The recruiting battle to get him is going to intensify as the cycle goes on.

Is it at all possible he could play end? He seemed more comfortable closer to the line of scrimmage.

His tape reminds you of the linebackers Manny recruited. His thumping is impressive, but the way he makes reads and gets to the ball carrier is not. Reminds me of McCloud but not sure he is as big. I think he would excel as an edge if moved there immediately (if he has the frame that is).

I couldn't disagree more on the part that Manny recruited backers...Mcloud is a good comparison, don't believe Diaz recruited him? Maybe Ty Johnson, but most of his tape is DE. Maybe a heavier huff? But I still don't think great comparisons.

Advertisement
I couldn't disagree more on the part that Manny recruited backers...Mcloud is a good comparison, don't believe Diaz recruited him? Maybe Ty Johnson, but most of his tape is DE. Maybe a heavier huff? But I still don't think great comparisons.

You are right McCloud was in the pipeline.

But I noticed the same issues in guys like Jennings tape. Signed more for their hitting than actual skill at the position. Lots of looking for the ball at the snap, false steps, turning shoulders perpendicular to the line etc.

It’s why I like the tapes of some of the less athletic guys much better.

I am not saying he is just like McCloud, but I see some of things that made McCloud struggle at linebacker. If you take him as a backer, you are doing so as a project and banking you can fix some bad habits. I don’t like that.

When they walked him down on the line, he exploded into the backfield. If his arms are long enough he could maybe be a Roche type end.

Nothing would make me happier than being able to fix his weaknesses, but that line of thinking has cost us. But maybe Steele and Strong can do for him what Manny, Baker, Patke couldn’t do for our guys before.Would be nice and show coaching is even more valuable than I thought and I am high on the ability for coaching to change a player’s trajectory.

Last edited:
Rated top 5 on offense at Battle Vegas

WR Robby Washington – He picked up where he started the event making plays any way possible. He showed soft hands and speed to run by guys over and over. He has very good burst and possessed good quickness. Washington played with a knack for making the tough play in traffic over and over. The recruiting battle to get him is going to intensify as the cycle goes on.
Yeah he will be like Isaiah Bond except he’s better once Saban is on him hard the recruiting services will start sucking him off. He will end up a Top50 player nationally by the end of next season IMO. We NEED him bad.

Last edited:
You are right McCloud was in the pipeline.

But I noticed the same issues in guys like Jennings tape. Signed more for their hitting than actual skill at the position. Lots of looking for the ball at the snap, false steps, turning shoulders perpendicular to the line etc.

It’s why I like the tapes of some of the less athletic guys much better.

I am not saying he is just like McCloud, but I see some of things that made McCloud struggle at linebacker. If you take him as a backer, you are doing so as a project and banking you can fix some bad habits. I don’t like that.

When they walked him down on the line, he exploded into the backfield. If his arms are long enough he could maybe be a Roche type end.

Nothing would make me happier than being able to fix his weaknesses, but that line of thinking has cost us. But maybe Steele and Strong can do for him what Manny, Baker, Patke couldn’t do for our guys before.Would be nice and show coaching is even more valuable than I thought and I am high on the ability for coaching to change a player’s trajectory.

I disagree...If anything most of his LB recruits weren't thumpers....Jennings didn't thump on tape either, although his game was more like an old school MLB, he didn't have the thump. Then when he tried to recruit "cerebral backers" like Flagg, and then all he's done so far in his career is get outran to the edge, usually not even coming close to touching anyone.

Then when he does recruit an athletic backer he sits them buried on the depth chart because they aren't "cerebral" like Flagg and Ragone

I truly believe after the last 2-3 years when we were well into his LB recruits that the man has no idea what he wants in a backer and no idea how to coach them up...**** his whole defense is "get after the QB"...and oh yeah sometimes my hybrid has to run with a tight end. Seems like nothing else is even coached

I disagree...If anything most of his LB recruits weren't thumpers....Jennings didn't thump on tape either, although his game was more like an old school MLB, he didn't have the thump. Then when he tried to recruit "cerebral backers" like Flagg, and then all he's done so far in his career is get outran to the edge, usually not even coming close to touching anyone.

Then when he does recruit an athletic backer he sits them buried on the depth chart because they aren't "cerebral" like Flagg and Ragone

I truly believe after the last 2-3 years when we were well into his LB recruits that the man has no idea what he wants in a backer and no idea how to coach them up...**** his whole defense is "get after the QB"...and oh yeah sometimes my hybrid has to run with a tight end. Seems like nothing else is even coached
I think i said this 3 years ago ..the same time i was piling on Rumph.

I had no clue of our preference in LBS...which you can typically tell if you follow recruiting or if a coach was at a place awhile..His lb recruiting had no rhyme or reason.

Advertisement
I think i said this 3 years ago ..the same time i was piling on Rumph.

I had no clue of our preference in LBS...which you can typically tell if you follow recruiting or if a coach was at a place awhile..His lb recruiting had no rhyme or reason.
Yup agree at the CB position

It was like they had no idea what they wanted.

Rumph and Diaz were hilarious...I remember in like year 2 or 3 with Rumph all of a sudden they started saying(and so did canes sites)..."We need speed". So he just started going and recruiting random 4.4 kids that were raw as **** on offense and barely played defense...Or even very little football for that matter. It was like already October...It's like dude...Speed should be obvious...And you should have 30 offers out there/and another 10-15 on deck.

Amateur hour

Last edited:
**** and Yea! U make room.

Just watched the hudl…. Gah **** this dude is not a plan c guy he is a must get. That speed is insane, that type of player transcends an offense. Like Jameson Williams did for Bama this year.

Also, we gotta shut this type of **** from other schools down!

Loser ****

Advertisement
kid’s a head case…if he can get his act together then maybe but his talent isn’t worth the distractions.

Advertisement
Back