2023 ATH Robby Washington; Killian HS

Advertisement
Local commits that actually stick start trickling in beginning in Feb and March. Not sure if the portal and new silent period rules push that out a month or so. And most come on board during and after Spring camp so April to August is the real sweet spot. But it's almost go time.

Advertisement
that cant be good...
Could mean numerous things. The first being he changed his mind. The other would be that he may just be going to FSU. Do we know he is a priority? Tons of talent down here this year. His reel pops off screen though but you never know what the coaches are thinking?

Gaby made it seem like he thinks Miami leads.
He said both will have different top 6s as some form of trickery but pay that no mind. He doesn't expect Miami on Bobby's top 6, but that we are very much involved.

Am I tripping, wasn’t he “committed” to Miami?

But seemed like like he was the only one that knew that of the commit? Lol

Advertisement
Gaby made it seem like he thinks Miami leads.
He said both will have different top 6s as some form of trickery but pay that no mind. He doesn't expect Miami on Bobby's top 6, but that we are very much involved.
"A school potentially leading the pack for the two is Miami"

That's what Gaby said, which is extremely hedgy lol

It's a real problem when you want one Brother and the other is not of the quality of player the new staff recruits. They probably have indicated so by lack of contact or offer to Bobby. With it being such a good crop of WR for 2023 and Jean committed, they probably explained that to Robby. Just moree bs speculation. Except I don't peddle my bs as fact.

It's a real problem when you want one Brother and the other is not of the quality of player the new staff recruits. They probably have indicated so by lack of contact or offer to Bobby. With it being such a good crop of WR for 2023 and Jean committed, they probably explained that to Robby. Just moree bs speculation. Except I don't peddle my bs as fact.
But it’s reasonable speculation. It’s why I asked, just how good is Bobby? So much talent at WR where unless you think Robby is next level, why take him unless the brother is actually worth a scholly?

Yeah you can't let kids dictate the narrative of "take my bro as well" or the we are a package deal, it also seems rare the package deal stuff works out. I tend to hear it a lot then when push comes to shove the kids do what they think is best. March is still a longgggg way from NSD, also seems weird to be in Tally to commit. Like it is too obvious for it to be FSU.

If a kid said he was going to be in Miami to commit I would likely assume troll first unless it was like a Blades. Anyone know how much contact the new staff has had? I am wondering if this could be a HBCU situation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Per Gabby - Miami is recruiting them

A decision could be coming soon for Miami Killian twins Bobby and Robby Washington.

Robby, the No. 81 overall player and No. 9 athlete in the Class of 2023, dropped a top six on Monday which included Miami, Florida State, FAU, Alabama, Georgia, and Oklahoma.

Bobby, a three-star linebacker who stands at 6-foot-3, 205-pounds, is expected to be dropping a group that could have some similar programs and others independent of his brother. Some other programs to know there include Auburn and South Carolina, who have been standing out to the 'backer.

The two plan on playing at the same school at the next level, and while the top group of schools may look different, our understanding is that they want their finalists to be different from one another.

I say that to say that if a school isn't on both lists, that doesn't necessarily mean said school isn't involved. It's unorthodox, but based on some conversations with the twins it sounds like just because a school is excluded from one group doesn't rule out that program from potentially landing their commitments.

A school potentially leading the pack for the two is Miami, who at one point held onto Robby's pledge before he elected to open things back up.

A dark horse quietly in the mix is Florida Atlantic. Killian head coach Derrick Gibson is expected to take a position on the Owls staff and he is related to Washington and his family. The two recently earned offers from the Conference-USA program and each have them as finalists.

The 5-foot-10, 170-pounder projects as a wide receiver at the next level and has displayed some big-time playmaking ability and speed since making the move back to his hometown after playing at Murfreesboro (Tenn.) Oakland as a sophomore.
Bobby's offer sheet isn't as loaded as his brothers, but the Hurricanes have hosted multiple times, most recently in January on the Friday before Elite Prospect Day. Oklahoma, Texas, Auburn, Missouri, and NC State are amongst some of the juniors top bids.

Both were named Miami Herald All-Dade selections with Robby, a first-team selection, bringing in 42 catches for 868 yards with 16 touchdowns and Bobby earning second-team honors.

The Washington's father, Bobby Sr., was a former Parade All-American running back in 2003 that signed with Miami and enrolled at NC State before transferring to Eastern Kentucky. While at Killian, the elder Washington broke Frank Gore's Miami-Dade County career rushing record after totaling 5,695 yards.

Advertisement
Back