2024 ATH Demello Jones

Advertisement
Miami is recruiting alongside powerhouse programs, so sometimes that means the Hurricanes want what others have.

In this case, it’s Georgia commit and Swainsboro (Ga.) Top247 safety Demello Jones. The 6-foot-1, 176-pounder was in Coral Gables on Thursday alongside some family and watched the Hurricanes practice as a part of what was a full visit day.

“I liked the visit. It showed me a lot of stuff. I know I’m committed now, but I still want to take my chances to see everything else,” Jones told InsideTheU following the visit.

Miami is one of the programs recruiting the nation’s No. 100 overall prospect, alongside Tennessee and Alabama.

“I’m feeling better about them. It showed me a lot. They showed me a lot that I didn’t expect to see, which is good. They showed me more that I expected. How the campus is, it’s a nice campus. The way everybody cares for each other - players, coaches, staff,” Jones said.

Mario Cristobal sat Jones and his family down before the visit wrapped up.

“Just what a great opportunity this school is for me for anything I want to major in, making me a man and a better football player,” Jones said.

Despite his pledge to the back-to-back national champs last month, Jones is keeping an open mind to the recruiting process.

“Still down with Georgia but I’m still going to take other visits,” Jones said.

The Bulldogs will host for an official visit on June 2, the Crimson Tide on June 9, and the Volunteers will get the final weekend in June.

Got snaps at wide receiver, quarterback and cornerback for a Swainsboro program that went 13-1 and made it to the finals of Georgia’s Class A Division 1 playoffs. Carried the ball 122 times for 1,279 yards (10.5 average) and 20 touchdowns. Also caught 14 passes for 382 yards and seven more touchdowns. On defense, was credited with 44 tackles and six pass breakups.

Advertisement
Miami is recruiting alongside powerhouse programs, so sometimes that means the Hurricanes want what others have.

In this case, it’s Georgia commit and Swainsboro (Ga.) Top247 safety Demello Jones. The 6-foot-1, 176-pounder was in Coral Gables on Thursday alongside some family and watched the Hurricanes practice as a part of what was a full visit day.

“I liked the visit. It showed me a lot of stuff. I know I’m committed now, but I still want to take my chances to see everything else,” Jones told InsideTheU following the visit.

Miami is one of the programs recruiting the nation’s No. 100 overall prospect, alongside Tennessee and Alabama.

“I’m feeling better about them. It showed me a lot. They showed me a lot that I didn’t expect to see, which is good. They showed me more that I expected. How the campus is, it’s a nice campus. The way everybody cares for each other - players, coaches, staff,” Jones said.

Mario Cristobal sat Jones and his family down before the visit wrapped up.

“Just what a great opportunity this school is for me for anything I want to major in, making me a man and a better football player,” Jones said.

Despite his pledge to the back-to-back national champs last month, Jones is keeping an open mind to the recruiting process.

“Still down with Georgia but I’m still going to take other visits,” Jones said.

The Bulldogs will host for an official visit on June 2, the Crimson Tide on June 9, and the Volunteers will get the final weekend in June.

Got snaps at wide receiver, quarterback and cornerback for a Swainsboro program that went 13-1 and made it to the finals of Georgia’s Class A Division 1 playoffs. Carried the ball 122 times for 1,279 yards (10.5 average) and 20 touchdowns. Also caught 14 passes for 382 yards and seven more touchdowns. On defense, was credited with 44 tackles and six pass breakups.
Stud player. I can't stand UGA. I hope we beat them for some of these top end croots!!!

Advertisement
Back