At the risk of sounding cliche'......

FrancisSawyer

All American
This OC plus position coaches announcement that is supposedly this morning seriously has me feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve. I'm wide awake with anticipation of what Santa Diaz will be getting us. Not getting ahead of myself but after many years of cynicism I can honestly say that I'm legitimately excited. Before I would always be interested in the coaching and staff hires but it was more like the type of curiosity people have when they watch a train wreck.

My point is that in a little over a week on the job, Diaz has managed to inject the type of passion and excitement that a corpse like Richt could never dream of doing. Am I crowning the guy? Absolutely not but I have to recognize the fact that he has made the types of moves so far that have made this program feel more like Miami more than anyone in the past 18 years.

The day Manny was hired we were all speculating about how many offensive coaches would be retained etc....The next day he fires them all including Gus Felder. He then begins using the NCAA transfer portal to aggressively attack the holes in our depth and elevate competition. Admittedly, we don't know much at all about the OC search but what we have heard is that he left no stone unturned in the search as the list of names given would seem to confirm.

Diaz did the smart thing by going out and getting a defensive coordinator from outside the program. He hired a young and aggressive up and coming DC in Baker and is on record stating that Miami's offensive scheme and identity should fit the type of athletes that South Florida is known for. He wants a spread type offense that is exciting, wide open and that relentlessly attacks the defenses weaknesses while best utilizing the talents of the players on hand.

Look, I'm not going to sit here and say that were back, that Diaz is our version of Dabo Swinney or any other type of ridiculous hyperbole. What I will say is that for the better part of 2 decades we as a fan base have been clamoring for a head coach who understands what it takes to win here. A coach who understands the type of schemes best fit the talent available to us. A coach who is aggressive and has no problem dropping 50 spots on opponents if he can. A coach that is reasonably young and energetic. A coach who doesn't shy away from the expectations for this program but enthusiastically embraces them. A coach who realizes that he must surround himself with a great staff in order to succeed. A coach who is able and willing to make adjustments. A coach who has a burning desire to win and will not accept losing or mediocrity. A coach who is a leader of men and able to motivate and inspire even in times of adversity. Is it possible that coach was under our noses the entire time? Is it possible that we actually hired the right guy this time? Is it possible that Diaz could be the coach I just described above?

We are all waiting for the OC and his staff to be announced because we all know how crucial these hires will be in allowing Diaz to be a success. We all know that there is still a lot of work to be done and a way to go. I don't claim to know what the future holds. Will Diaz be the coach to lead this program's rise out of mediocrity and back into the elite? I don't know the answer to that. What I do know is that Diaz is making it fun for the fans again and that's a great place to start.

Advertisement
Same feelings.

On one side I'd like this to be over ASAP with an official statemente by The U about the offensive staff, but on the other side.....

What I'm gonna do after? I may need some drugs to keep it going.

Advertisement
We are addicted to transactions and new names, that’s why all the excitement around the fan base. There is a reason NBA, NFL, soccer free agency attract so much attention. That’s why we are excited about the prospect of bunch of transfers like a Buffalo WR, transfers QBs, a QB that got dropped by UGA and so on.

We are addicted to transactions and new names, that’s why all the excitement around the fan base. There is a reason NBA, NFL, soccer free agency attract so much attention. That’s why we are excited about the prospect of bunch of transfers like a Buffalo WR, transfers QBs, a QB that got dropped by UGA and so on.
That's a very good point and no doubt a large part of the appeal. It's also partly the fact that our team who never participated in this is finally doing so.

Advertisement
Part of me just wants it over with.

But if we spent all this time to reel in a 'so-so' guy, I'll be ****ed for the duration of the offseason.

As I've said earlier; the next guy likely by default will be better than #110. But if this is all for #85....:/

Part of me just wants it over with.

But if we spent all this time to reel in a 'so-so' guy, I'll be ****ed for the duration of the offseason.

As I've said earlier; the next guy likely by default will be better than #110. But if this is all for #85....:/
I'm with you brother. This needs to be and better be good.

I have to admit the whole process had been entertaining at the least. I'm like a crack head begging for a OC news rock.

Advertisement
This is the honey moon period. Impossible not to feel good after Richt. It’s going in the right direction.
We will see who the OC is.
#fedora

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back