"At TCU, we don't put our Coordinators.....

FullyERicht

Thunderdome
.....on the road recruiting."

-- Gary Patterson

This is the philosophy I want our next coach to have, whoever he may be. What I absolutely will lose my **** over is if a guy like James Coley or god forbid Coley himself is here next year running our offense.

Miami has suffered from a lack of coaching on both sides of the ball for 15 years now. Whoever comes in here, I don't want to hear his priority be to "recruit". There are some great kids on this team and they deserve to be coached up. I'm sick of these recruiting based staffs who make promises to kids, and then can't deliver on them b/c they can't coach for ****.

Time to get a real football staff back at the U.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Donofrio was recruiting broward instead of kehoe and barrow. The next coach needs to maximize the recruiting down here. You can put together a **** good time with an uber to broward Blvd and a bicycle. Same with traz pkwell.

.....on the road recruiting."

-- Gary Patterson

This is the philosophy I want our next coach to have, whoever he may be. What I absolutely will lose my **** over is if a guy like James Coley or god forbid Coley himself is here next year running our offense.

Miami has suffered from a lack of coaching on both sides of the ball for 15 years now. Whoever comes in here, I don't want to hear his priority be to "recruit". There are some great kids on this team and they deserve to be coached up. I'm sick of these recruiting based staffs who make promises to kids, and then can't deliver on them b/c they can't coach for ****.

Time to get a real football staff back at the U.

And there is one way to ensure we have that exact same policy: Go get Gary F'ing Patterson.

position coaches that actually recruit players for that position? makes too much sense.

position coaches that actually recruit players for that position? makes too much sense.

Back during the Johnson-Erickson years, I think we had regional recruiting. Kehoe, for example, had Pennsylvania, NJ and Maryland-DC-VA.

Why we recruited those states so poorly. Some other coaches did Texas. i think Butch used to recruit Texas. I remember when he went out to visit Jesse Armstead.

Joe Brodsky, and I thnk Don Soldinger, used to recruit south Florida.

Tony Wise couldn't recruit at all, because he was not good at lying (told that by people who I think knew recruiting at the time).

Recruiting is a dirty game, a racket. I wouldn't want to coach, if I want to be sleaze, I'll just practice law, preferably litigation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back