Boxing Asken Vs Paul

Im barely a casual fan, but if passionate/informed fans like yourself feel that way, wouldn't that indicate big trouble for the sport??

It seems boxing is slipping into the abyss of sideshow absurdity??
Nah man, I'd like to think everyone's in on the con at this point and they still want to watch and can differentiate these freak show fights from the real ones.

Advertisement
Nah man, I'd like to think everyone's in on the con at this point and they still want to watch and can differentiate these freak show fights from the real ones.
But doesn't betting drive boxing?

If its fixed, is it now "how do we bet on the fix"?

But doesn't betting drive boxing?

If its fixed, is it now "how do we bet on the fix"?

Like I said, I think people can differentiate Jake Paul fights and Canelo Alvarez fights. FWIW - most of the bets were on Askren to win the fights as of a day before the fight (believe more money went on Paul).

Boxing isn't an easy sport to just pick up in a few months. Throwing punches is easy, the most difficult part is footwork and controlling your breathing while putting everything together. Even if Ben trained hard the last 3 months, it would still be extremely difficult to look good in a ring unless you have natural talent which Askren clearly doesn't. But yeah ben probably just half assed his training and didn't care if he won or loss. He was out of shape bad

Your acting like a MMA fighter doesn't understand breathing and defense? Come on man. Your talking about a world class MMA fighter. He may know he strong suit wasn't boxing but dudes in the MMA can throw punches and any successful MMA fighter works on how to avoid getting smashed by punches. We are not talking about boxing, throwing punches and footwork we are talking about knowing the first rule in defending against a punch. The very first rule. The one rule you would teach anyone who would be training for any fight against a guy who could throw a punch. The is literally no way Ben Askren has never had one minute of boxing defense in his training. This guy had a job to do and that was go down with the least amount of damage.

Advertisement
Your acting like a MMA fighter doesn't understand breathing and defense? Come on man. Your talking about a world class MMA fighter. He may know he strong suit wasn't boxing but dudes in the MMA can throw punches and any successful MMA fighter works on how to avoid getting smashed by punches. We are not talking about boxing, throwing punches and footwork we are talking about knowing the first rule in defending against a punch. The very first rule. The one rule you would teach anyone who would be training for any fight against a guy who could throw a punch. The is literally no way Ben Askren has never had one minute of boxing defense in his training. This guy had a job to do and that was go down with the least amount of damage.
Boxing and MMA are polar opposites though. Askren had absolutely no striking ability. He even got out striked by Damien Maia which is crazy to even think about. MMA fighters when they feel threatened by an opponent they have the comfort of just trying to take them down. Askren couldn't do that and clearly had no boxing game whatsoever. It's why jake faught, he was a former UFC fighter so he can say it was a real fight lol when it was clearly not... Funny thing is he thinks he's a real boxer when he's never faught one. But you're right it's probably rigged, I saw Askren take bomb's from Robbie MF Lawler and still keep fighting and one punch from Jake was able to ko him? Doesn't add up

This was the worst event I’ve ever watched .. the co-main, Regis is a good fighter but that looked like a wwe ending with his wife on the side pointing and yelling lol. Embarrassing that a real boxer acted that way (Redkach). At least Regis got paid, would love to see him fight Broner next

Advertisement
Back