Asa Martin - ‘19 or ‘20

Advertisement
'20 as of right now but from what I hear can appeal for immediate eligibility and has a good shot because his RS situation was mismanaged and the NCAA is historically sympathetic to that.

Wow. I did not realize he was a freshman this year. I just assumed he only had a year of eligibility left. Nice pickup with a few years left.

Advertisement
'20 as of right now but from what I hear can appeal for immediate eligibility and has a good shot because his RS situation was mismanaged and the NCAA is historically sympathetic to that.
But wouldn’t that just affect how many years he has to play, not when available?

But wouldn’t that just affect how many years he has to play, not when available?

Yes and no. Basically my understanding is in cases where an RS situation was botched, the NCAA is more inclined to give immediate eligibility to a transfer as opposed to making them sit a season.

Is it confirmed that he can't play next year? I thought he was applying for a waiver?

It would be nice to get the kid on the field and let Lingard recover 100% in '19. Play Lingard in the last 4 games.

This isn't a bad group: DJ, Cam, Burns, Lingard, Martin

I'd love to see Lingard in a spread as I believe his straight-line speed causes additional problems for defenses when spreading the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back