ASA College to open campus in Miami?

Advertisement
46.jpg

Can't hurt

Wow. This has been very needed in Florida for a long time. Opens up so many opportunities for kids. Can't wait.

This would be huge for the Canes, and the high school community....with so much talent down here, That college should be competing for NJCAA championships every year...it would he a nice springboard to get into UM

Advertisement
Who will they be playing? Most jucos compete in state... Their opponents are other state community colleges... A national juco champion is pretty much a state champion... I hope it works out... It can serve as an opportunity for many prospects...

Advertisement
Marshall should be worried, kids may choose to stay local instead of going to that **** hole.

Marshall should be worried, kids may choose to stay local instead of going to that **** hole.

Really won't affect Marshall that much...JuCo for lids who can't get into no college...ASA would be a stepping stone..one or 2 years then sign with a big time school

Advertisement
Oh no, that piece of crap fraudulent trade school that's up in Brooklyn? Now Miami will have the juco version of Champagnat garbage unaccredited academy.

I'm not even a UM alum but I would hate to see the U, which has worked so hard over the last 25 years to strengthen itself academically, start lowering itself to taking "students" from a place that will make Miami-Dade look like Princeton.

All it's going to is take the best of the local talent that is marginal academically and funnel away from us toward the less selective schools like the SEC, FSU, etc. Those schools will have the pickings of the ASA studs while we watch helplessly knowing we have no chance of getting them past our admissions.

Last edited:
Advertisement
this school will be on outside the lines in another year.... south Florida recruiting is already dirty now your gonna add a juco the street agents are gonna love this....

Oh no, that piece of crap fraudulent trade school that's up in Brooklyn? Now Miami will have the juco version of Champagnat garbage unaccredited academy.

I'm not even a UM alum but I would hate to see the U, which has worked so hard over the last 25 years to strengthen itself academically, start lowering itself to taking "students" from a place that will make Miami-Dade look like Princeton.

All it's going to is take the best of the local talent that is marginal academically and funnel away from us toward the less selective schools like the SEC, FSU, etc. Those schools will have the pickings of the ASA studs while we watch helplessly knowing we have no chance of getting them past our admissions.

This is a good point. Cory Johnson went to ASA and needed another class to get past Miami admissions which he didn't want to take.

On the plus side, we should be able to closely monitor the grades/classes of ASA kids and let them know from the jump what it takes to qualify. Give em the road map.

Advertisement
Back