As Shockey said, "we just had that special sauce"...

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
Y'all think this team has that "special sauce" to come back and take care of business this weekend? I will be there, and I believe we will. I think it will be a tight game, but my hope is that we can take a knee at the end!
What do you all think? You with me?
:11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Advertisement
step brothers dale GIF

I think this team has what it takes to get it done. My one major concern is Maye vs our secondary plus the threat he poses as a runner. We are going to have to spy him. I'll admit I haven't watched North Carolina at all this year so I don't have a good feel for their offense outside of knowing that they are efficient and explosive.

That matchup will decide the game. Will our secondary be up for the challenge? Will our front 7 be able to put enough heat on Maye? We will find out very soon. On the flip side, can TVD and the offense bounce back from that sloppy turnover plagued performance last Saturday? Will we be able to run the football? Will TVD get back on track? As much as I love the job that Lance Guidry has done with the defense I believe we will have to score in the 30's to have an opportunity to win.

Regardless of all the above sub plots, what I really want to gauge is how this team responds overall to what occured last Saturday. I really want to see this team come out swinging like they want blood. We will see.

I really don’t think the outcome of the last game will have an impact on this game..I think mario has built a good enough foundation of culture at this point for it not to.

Win or lose I think the outcome is separate

Advertisement
I really don’t think the outcome of the last game will have an impact on this game..I think mario has built a good enough foundation of culture at this point for it not to.

I agree that Mario has built a good enough foundation of culture for the last game not to have a negative effect on this upcoming game. However I do think that it may have a positive effect in that the team may come out and dominate but that may be just a bit too optimistic lol.

I agree that Mario has built a good enough foundation of culture for the last game not to have a negative effect on this upcoming game. However I do think that it may have a positive effect in that the team may come out and dominate but that may be just a bit too optimistic lol.
I think this is a big game and we were gonna be prepared either way, im sure they know we haven’t beaten them in a while and this is another top acc team.

As far as dominating? Nah i don’t think we are at that level to dominate them, i think we can win maybe win convincingly but I don’t think last game is gonna turn us into a different team either way.

Unc is a tough match up, i could see us fighting and losing a tough one to unc but I don’t think losing means we didn’t bounce back after giving away the gtech game

I think this is a big game and we were gonna be prepared either way, im sure they know we haven’t beaten them in a while and this is another top acc team.

As far as dominating? Nah i don’t think we are at that level to dominate them, i think we can win maybe win convincingly but I don’t think last game is gonna turn us into a different team either way.

Unc is a tough match up, i could see us fighting and losing a tough one to unc but I don’t think losing means we didn’t bounce back after giving away the gtech game
We're on the same page. Agree 100%. In the back of my mind what I am waiting to see is a 2005 @Virginia Tech type domination but I'm well aware that this won't be the game for that lol.

The way Mario is stacking talent plus the type of culture he's building, a game like I mentioned above could be relatively soon as in another year or 2. Hey I can dream a bit can't I?

We're on the same page. Agree 100%. In the back of my mind what I am waiting to see is a 2005 @Virginia Tech type domination but I'm well aware that this won't be the game for that lol.

The way Mario is stacking talent plus the type of culture he's building, a game like I mentioned above could be relatively soon as in another year or 2. Hey I can dream a bit can't I?
Oh i agree there, keep stacking talent and keep having good coordinators and we can dominate some of these big games like we used to

Advertisement

We all said that about this team and bye weeks and playing to the competition because of Mario. The only consistent thing I've seen from him is that dumb *** Bambi-in-headlights look he has after games.

We all said that about this team and bye weeks and playing to the competition because of Mario. The only consistent thing I've seen from him is that dumb *** Bambi-in-headlights look he has after games.
You think effort was a problem against gtech?

Advertisement

It won't have an affect on the game... until one of 3 things happen and it creeps back in your mind

1) You start getting whooped right out of the gate - the fight from A&M up 17-7 won't be there again
2) Mario makes a questionable call, forgets to take a timeout, takes an unwarranted timeout, etc. loses trust quickly
3) When it's close in the 4th quarter or late in the 4th quarter and starts to feel like GT again

UNC is going to be playing loose, at home, with a nice tailwind from the refs, knowing anything close is in their hands. Miami is going to be walking on egg shells knowing Clemson is on a bye, watching and preparing for them next week, and the season could unravel quicker than it got going.

Y'all think this team has that "special sauce" to come back and take care of business this weekend? I will be there, and I believe we will. I think it will be a tight game, but my hope is that we can take a knee at the end!
Oh yea we got deer antler we good

It won't have an affect on the game... until one of 3 things happen and it creeps back in your mind

1) You start getting whooped right out of the gate - the fight from A&M up 17-7 won't be there again
2) Mario makes a questionable call, forgets to take a timeout, takes an unwarranted timeout, etc. loses trust quickly
3) When it's close in the 4th quarter or late in the 4th quarter and starts to feel like GT again

UNC is going to be playing loose, at home, with a nice tailwind from the refs, knowing anything close is in their hands. Miami is going to be walking on egg shells knowing Clemson is on a bye, watching and preparing for them next week, and the season could unravel quicker than it got going.
All could end up true but my thinking is if mario wasn’t bull ****ting about the culture being night and day from last year then we should have some mental toughness to not lay down.

If we just get beat convincingly by the better team i dont think its layover from last week, unc could just be very good and a bad matchup for us but it’s already mapped out that if we win we shook off a collapse but if we lose we still down about the last game. I dont think its that simple

Advertisement
They do not and ACC referees are the spoiled mayo.

Canes lose in Chapel Hill.

All could end up true but my thinking is if mario wasn’t bull ****ting about the culture being night and day from last year then we should have some mental toughness to not lay down.

If we just get beat convincingly by the better team i dont think its layover from last week, unc could just be very good and a bad matchup for us but it’s already mapped out that if we win we shook off a collapse but if we lose we still down about the last game. I dont think its that simple
I saw this as a loss regardless of last week. It's not a good matchup at all.

UNC game depends on which TVD shows up for us. I think there's an injury issue he's dealing with that they're keeping under wraps. His arm looked extremely weak against GaTech.

Advertisement
Back