As much as Golden understands our history

DeadPoets

Senior
I'm surprised he didn't come in from day 1 and alter their defensive philosophy and scheme towards what Miami guys do best and what Miami was built on.

These kids aren't built for their soft zone, gap control scheme. So Fla kids have been playing bump n run coverage since they were 12. Now we want to change that?

Were we really worried about ND and their deep ball attack last night? Play some f'in bump n run cover 2 (take out Highsmit) and see what happens. ffs why not

Advertisement
I'm surprised he didn't come in from day 1 and alter their defensive philosophy and scheme towards what Miami guys do best and what Miami was built on.

These kids aren't built for their soft zone, gap control scheme. So Fla kids have been playing bump n run coverage since they were 12. Now we want to change that?

Were we really worried about ND and their deep ball attack last night? Play some f'in bump n run cover 2 (take out Highsmit) and see what happens. ffs why not

Who do we have on our team right now that you are confident with in man-to-man coverage?

BTW, they are trying to teach and develop players. You don't develop if you keep doing what you have always done. You HAVE to learn how to play zone coverage. It's apart of football, whether you like it or not. It's also the best way to get turnovers, while limiting big plays. Virginia Tech has been playing zone for years and all they do is win 10 games every year.

Y'all just wanna lineup the athletes and roll the balls out, well that's not how I want to see it done. I want these guys to be developed and coached, regardless of what the results may be early on.

I'm with you on that. I am concerned though, that our fundamentals looked bad yesterday on defense. Not even talking about the scheme.

Not a fan of the scheme but we don't do anything well. You can't cover man to man when you can't get to the qb. We struggle in zone. Our run defense is epically bad. This team doesn't stand a chance on defense. With a better scheme instead of near last we might be somewhere in the 80's in total defense.

Who do we have on our team right now that you are confident with in man-to-man coverage?

BTW, they are trying to teach and develop players. You don't develop if you keep doing what you have always done. You HAVE to learn how to play zone coverage. It's apart of football, whether you like it or not. It's also the best way to get turnovers, while limiting big plays. Virginia Tech has been playing zone for years and all they do is win 10 games every year.

Y'all just wanna lineup the athletes and roll the balls out, well that's not how I want to see it done. I want these guys to be developed and coached, regardless of what the results may be early on.

We have the players that can cover man so I am not sure why coach D'O does not incorporate a more aggressive scheme to help the front for. Bush, V telemque, Mcgee, Finnie, Paul, Johnson, Arm, Cornelius, Highsmith and Perryman can play man for period through out the game.

Zone blitzing and fire blitz packages should be a staple of UM until we obtain a defensive front. Why we are not doing those things is head sctatching

You have to at least attempt to make a chump like ND's QB beat you downfield.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back