Artificial turf?

TheOriginalCane

So say good night to the bad guy!
Premium
Why, lord, why?!

1670002435156.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Surprised we hadn't heard anything - I suspect Mario Conova's last comment about regional cancellation's is a big reason why after last season's regional monsoons. Tough to take advantage of home field when nobody's there.

I never liked playing on it either, but we'll see more and more of it. Better recruit contact guys and line drive hitters from here forward, as well as power pitchers.

Surprised we hadn't heard anything - I suspect Mario Conova's last comment about regional cancellation's is a big reason why after last season's regional monsoons. Tough to take advantage of home field when nobody's there.

I never liked playing on it either, but we'll see more and more of it. Better recruit contact guys and line drive hitters from here forward, as well as power pitchers.

Yeah, and I posted something about this on another thread, and I kinda put out a general question (for anyone with knowledge) as to whether this would help us with women's softball. I have no idea as to which of the field dimensions are similar/different between baseball and softball, but I could certainly see where artificial turf would allow us to play double the games on the same field.

When I was at a luncheon with Dan/Jenn/Alonzo in June (July?), Dan pretty much said that women's softball would be added once we figured out the venue.

Yeah, and I posted something about this on another thread, and I kinda put out a general question (for anyone with knowledge) as to whether this would help us with women's softball. I have no idea as to which of the field dimensions are similar/different between baseball and softball, but I could certainly see where artificial turf would allow us to play double the games on the same field.

When I was at a luncheon with Dan/Jenn/Alonzo in June (July?), Dan pretty much said that women's softball would be added once we figured out the venue.
Don't think using the same field is feasible as the men's pitching mound would have to be torn down and rebuilt between every series, wouldn't it?

Don't think using the same field is feasible as the men's pitching mound would have to be torn down and rebuilt between every series, wouldn't it?

Not sure on that, but you may be right.

Wild speculation on my part.

Advertisement
Did not hear about this. How much money do you need to save? The coach donates his salary back to the school. Then you spend 80 million on a slightly above .500 football coach.

Did not hear about this. How much money do you need to save? The coach donates his salary back to the school. Then you spend 80 million on a slightly above .500 football coach.
Ya, baseball is not even the forgotten stepchild anymore. We could win titles in baseball and basketball if Ruiz, Maas brothers, etc. would channel their resources in that direction. One or two well heeled donors will not make a difference in football as a private school under the current NCAA and CFB landscape, IMO.

You are still competing against the resources of entire states, much, much larger alumni bases at other schools, a ridiculously uneven playing field w the NIL money and bags still being thrown around, etc.

Advertisement
I heard they are just installing new sod on the field with the area behind home plate as the only turf. I was told they are moving the bullpens off the field as well and putting in a new fence

I heard they are just installing new sod on the field with the area behind home plate as the only turf. I was told they are moving the bullpens off the field as well and putting in a new fence
That’s what I heard on a video on inside the U YT, but that info was 2 weeks old. Also for the bullpens I’m think maybe down the left field line. They removed the big tree there maybe they can fit a bullpen there.

Update on what the field looks like. They recently dug these trenches with piping around the outfield and set up these pipes. No idea on their use, but I hope they are sprinklers. I want a grass field

Attachments

• 8BC736DA-AF4C-44A7-88F8-F11DDC4AB3A7.jpeg
    8BC736DA-AF4C-44A7-88F8-F11DDC4AB3A7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
Advertisement
Update on what the field looks like. They recently dug these trenches with piping around the outfield and set up these pipes. No idea on their use, but I hope they are sprinklers. I want a grass field
I’m no groundskeeper, but it seems like they’re cutting it real close to training camp starting in January and the season in February.

I’m no groundskeeper, but it seems like they’re cutting it real close to training camp starting in January and the season in February.
Cutting it real close, I’ll keep updates on what the field looks like. Work has been getting ramped up as they did all the piping or whatever that is. But yeah it’s gonna be really close.

Advertisement
Back