Artie Burns

Advertisement
it was good to see a couple of guys at least passionate about getting beat down. i get the impression that some players who have been busting their asses all winter, spring and summer while juggling school and family life care more about the program than the coaches who get a nice paycheck every 2 weeks to basically do nothing.

Near end of first half he is going nuts on sidelines n dorito is trying to calm him. Luckily he will get to have a new dc next yr who will simplify the playbook so the kids can play. I stopped watching at end of half

saw the same thing with bush and c thomas. plus yearby refused to be with the O most of the game, he was sitting alone near the D bench with the D was on the field. there was a lot of fighting/discord on the sidelines, from the beginning of the game

I bet that kid wonders how things would have turned out at Bama.

I hope kids stop wondering this ****. Yesterday, spoke with a former superstar defender (during our 00-03 days) whose comments were not surprising, but so disappointing to hear directly. Basically, that "wonder" you mention has gotten to so many kids down here - real difference makers at other colleges - that it's like a ****ing virus.

FWIW, he believes Butch is the doctor to eliminate that virus.

If you were an nfl UM alum and your kid was going to college... could you send him to play for Golden & Co in good conscience? I couldn't.

He had a very bad day, but his best days are probably ahead of him.

He's unlikely to be here next year regardless of coach, though.

Understatement he got caught yapping with the sidelines, his man proceeded to run push him over on a block and then the qb ran 50+ yds on his side of the field. I would say he had a awful day. Good luck in the league, not sure how long he lasts.. seems like another dvd.. hopefully he proves me wrong.

Advertisement
I bet that kid wonders how things would have turned out at Bama.

I hope kids stop wondering this ****. Yesterday, spoke with a former superstar defender (during our 00-03 days) whose comments were not surprising, but so disappointing to hear directly. Basically, that "wonder" you mention has gotten to so many kids down here - real difference makers at other colleges - that it's like a ******* virus.

FWIW, he believes Butch is the doctor to eliminate that virus.

I would be ok with Butch, but a younger dude like Fuente is more to my liking. But yeah, Butch would put that fence up around the tri-county real quick, or at least make it much harder on the poachers to come down and dance all over our faces like they do now. He's got the mystique and previous result/hardware to sway young minds for more than a minute.

Very well articulated and what you just pointed out is why imo we need to hire Butch ASAP. We are in an extremely precarious position as a program and while I'm sure that Fuente is an excellent coach, we cannot afford not to make a hire(Butch) that would simultaneously electrify the fan base and recruits. For the record I would be fine with Fuente but if Butch is right there and wanting the gig, I think it's a no brainer!

Advertisement
Back