Artie Burns - Wow!

BigCaneAl

Senior
Premium
Not sure if this has been posted, but I came accross this on ESPN....

There was speed everywhere on Saturday at the Bob Hayes Invitational in Jacksonville, Fla., but nothing surpassed Artie Burns of Miami Northwestern, who ran 13.35 into a 1.4 meters-per-second headwind in the 110 hurdles. That's .01 seconds faster than 2011 national leader Jonathan Cabral and No. 6 all-time.

Burns also won the 300 hurdles in 36.14 seconds.

Just to put that in perspective, Ted Ginn's fastest time as a senior was 13.40.

That is special type speed.

Advertisement
Incredibly gifted athlete. Some (including myself) want to see it translate more into production on the field

Advertisement
Incredibly gifted athlete. Some (including myself) want to see it translate more into production on the field

I would too but who would you take over him this year? considering his athleticism, position, high school, I'm thinking that you have to get this kid

Big pete,
What is your overall analysis on this kid? I havent seen clips nor seen him play live to evaluate, but based on what im hearing, this kid has DVD- V.2 written over him.

Advertisement
havent seen clips nor seen him play live to evaluate, but based on what im hearing, this kid has DVD- V.2 written over him.

Not Pete, but Burns is more physical than DVD. He likes to hit. DVD looks to be a better pure cover guy.

Advertisement
He has better film and more production than Deon Bush, and he's evidently much more athletic. Everyone likes to nitpick and assume that track athleticism doesn't translate to football but Burns and Kermit are both legit players. The only DB I'd rather have that we're recruiting is Mackensie Alexander.

Advertisement
He has better film and more production than Deon Bush, and he's evidently much more athletic. Everyone likes to nitpick and assume that track athleticism doesn't translate to football but Burns and Kermit are both legit players. The only DB I'd rather have that we're recruiting is Mackensie Alexander.

Deon is 100000X more physical than Artie at corner

Advertisement
Back