Artie Burns stays focused on football

Don't take this as crazy talk, I realize he is a blue chip defensive prospect but is there any chance we see him with the ball in his hands? (Besides INTs)

He return kicks? Maybe even get a few plays on offense?

Just such a disgusting athlete.

Wouldnt be shocked if he returned kicks at all. Just hope we dont take Duke off kickoff return. He is too valuable back there. We need to make sure to sign Collins so we dont spread Duke too thin

Advertisement
Love it. Cats are on here whining about possibly losing out on MT/DK and we have guys like Artie and Jamal who are REALLY ready to rep the 305 and help last years class bring this thing back. This article was refreshing. Really excited about these two!

Artie Burns and Jamal Carter are real. They shouldn't feel guilty about throwing up the 305 when they make plays in college. They were born in it, molded by it.

IMO making it to the NFL = Freeing your own dad are the goals that push kids to greatness.

Advertisement
Burns never worried about possible NCAA sanctions, followed heart to UM

Even though he committed to Miami last summer, Artie Burns never stopped receiving interest from other schools.

"Every time a school has come in here, they've asked about him and asked to talk to him, Northwestern High coach Stephen Field said.

When you are the nation's fastest high school hurdler and considered one of the best cornerbacks in the country it's only natural to draw eyeballs. But the 6-1, 183-pound senior from Miami Northwestern said he's never once thought about straying from the Hurricanes. No matter what.

"I never thought about [the potenial NCAA sanctions]," Burns said recently even though others brought it up. "Even if they did get penalized I would still go to UM. They're on the road to becoming back where they were at. That's why I chose to go there.

I'm excited. We're all coming in hungry to get that championship. The hunger is going to help us prevail."

With less than a week to go before Signing Day, UM has 13 commitments.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...tions-followed-heart-to-um.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Back