Article: Shawn Burgess-Becker's updates his recruitment

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
2015 Monarch (Fla.) Athlete Shawn Burgess-Becker has had arguably a better offseason than anyone in Broward county in terms of making an impact.

His play with his 7-on-7 team, Florida Fire, caught the eye of many D-1 scouts as he drew in offers from regular NCAA powerhouses, Alabama and LSU.

Although the Hurricanes have made a strong impact on Burgess-Becker as he has visited them three times since February to go along with a offer.

"I have talked with (Tight Ends coach Larry Scott). Also I have talked with James Coley a lot. I like the team a lot. The hometown team you know. The campus is nice too."

Tennessee and Florida State recently visited Monarch High School to speak with Burgess-Becker's coaches but Shawn hasn't gotten the opportunity to speak with them.

Burgess-Becker is expecting a visit from Florida in the near future as well.

Unfortunately, a shoulder injury may cost Burgess-Becker his Spring season, An injury that has been aggravating Shawn since last season.

"Honestly I don't know what it is. I heard the doctors talking that I may have something torn in my shoulder possibly. I feel like I am 95% right now. I want to get everything done so I can get back with my team as fast as possible."

"I'm getting my MRI on Tuesday and I'm hoping the results come back good."

If you haven't watched the 6'2" 180-pound athlete play, he really is one of the most fun players to watch in south Florida. His silky-smooth routes, soft hands, and his footwork skills give him the ability to play on both sides of the ball at receiver or defensive back.

Here is highlight tape: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2087149/

You can follow me on Twitter @NashSports

Advertisement
He could end up being special on either side of the ball. Interesting to see which side he will land on. Did he mention what position he is being recruited for?

If we win some god**** ballgames I think we snag this kid. With how hard we're already recruiting him, and the interest. Would be a Huge get.

This is the first kid I can say as a sophomore actually has #26-type NATURAL ability. Makes it look easy on the field.

Advertisement
He could end up being special on either side of the ball. Interesting to see which side he will land on. Did he mention what position he is being recruited for?

He said all of his offers are as an ATH. Coaches will probably wait until he is on campus to decide what position he plays.

This is the first kid I can say as a sophomore actually has #26-type NATURAL ability. Makes it look easy on the field.

If you think that kid makes it look easy check Jaquan Johnson also a 2015 Safety.

Would love to land both, it seems like Burgess-Becker will be recruited more for WR than DB [video=youtube;pOn5T1E_oLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOn5T1E_oLo[/video][video=youtube;yc249aNTJ7M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc249aNTJ7M[/video]

Advertisement
Back