Article: Recruiting Upate 12-9

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
-As some suspected, there seems to be a more complicated situation with Hooks than just him having finals this week. I should find out more in the coming days as to what happened, but I will tell you that Jethro Franklin will be visiting him on Tuesday.

-Franklin will also be up at Fork Union this week I'm told. While it may seem like he would be up there for Angelo Jean-Louis, I suspect he could be checking out 6'3", 300 DT Tyrell Chavis, who is a 3*. AJL came back home yesterday after taking his ACT so I don't think the visit is for him. Franklin will be at Fork Union, which is confirmed, but the speculation on my part is that he is there for Chavis. Just looking at their roster, he seems like a guy they would be interested in. Chavis just de-committed from UVA this week.

-Like Tito Benach posted a couple nights ago, the staff feels like they have a legitimate shot at flipping Rashard Robinson. I still think it will be tough, but they think it's possible.

-I still think that Beau Sandland is a toss-up, but some players that were hanging out with him last weekend believe he will be choosing Miami in the coming weeks. This would be an incredible pick-up for Miami.

-A name that may be familiar to fans who follow recruiting closely is Sonny Odogwu. The Nigerian offensive tackle was originally a class of 2012 kid before going prep this season. Miami is still trying to get him to visit and Kehoe is very high on him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOAR.jpg.html

Advertisement
Fork Union football player Tyrell Chavis said Wednesday that he is decommitting to Virginia in the wake of Cavalier coaching changes this past week.

“I’m going to decommit and see what other schools are interested,” said Chavis, a defensive lineman who originally signed with Virginia in February but did not meet NCAA eligibility requirements. “I still might end up going to the University of Virginia.”

Chavis said he has talked to coaches from Miami, North Carolina and he also is looking at Virginia Tech.

http://m.roanoke.com/mapp/story.aspx?arcID=317625

Interesting

anything on your end pete about wrs...alot of cunningham speculation, and coley visiting...overloading or just waiting for one or another or both?

Fisch would do nasty, nasty, things with Beau.

/pause
//no homo
/// eh, some homo

Advertisement
anything on your end pete about wrs...alot of cunningham speculation, and coley visiting...overloading or just waiting for one or another or both?

Cunningham does not have a committable offer. I'm trying to get in contact with Coley's coach Donnell Bennett, but I continue to hear that Miami is in a muchhhh better spot with Coley than they have ever been.

So Pete, you think the staff is worried about the DT position or not yet?

Advertisement

Cunningham does not have a committable offer. I'm trying to get in contact with Coley's coach Donnell Bennett, but I continue to hear that Miami is in a muchhhh better spot with Coley than they have ever been.

whats the dealio with AJL

nasty wrs...going to get nastier...lb...te...cb...s...now only if we could...we will...lots of time and you see the staff putting in work...here and in coral gables...this class is going to be sick

Advertisement
Back