Article on QB battle

reg

Sophomore
Miami QB race won't have any clarity until summer - ACC Blog- ESPN

I found this article to have some comments that I have not heard Richt say before, so I figured I would post it for your viewing pleasure. My take away from the article is it really seems like Richt is wanting Perry to win the job, but he is just saying the right things to the media/players so that it does not appear as if he has a favorite.

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not sure I take it that way. He wants someone to step up. I think he is hopeful that Perry will show him something the other two haven't. But at the same time, I don't think it as much one guy as wanting someone, anyone to step up.

I agree. It isn't personal where Richt is rooting for Perry or any QB over another. He just wants a clear cut, entire playbook, and under center friendly QB to give me what he wants in a QB and win this competition outright.

He hasn't found this in our current QBs and is hoping Perry to be willing and able. Any of us would feel and desire the same in his position.

Even mo repressed
- If Rosier cant distance himself after over a year with the playbook - not going to happen
- Shirreffs - "no power 5 offers". And his best trait is he does a good job getting back up after he gets hit - which is a pretty important skill with this line but my god that is the FIRST thing your HC says about you

Play Perry at Tally - he might look like Dorsey vs Washington in his first road test --- but lets roll with the young kids ---- helps recruiting when we actually play the young kids

People need to get over Shirreffs not getting offers. It does not mean he is not talented. David Njoku was an Al Golden special that people openly mocked. We don't need New Jersey kids! If Shirreffs sucked as badly as you all hoped he did, he wouldn't still be on the roster, and he certainly wouldn't be above Allison.

I swear, Richt says something good about the guy and here come the insults. I get it, he was recruited by Al Golden and didn't have offers, so he must suck. Or maybe, just maybe, he didn't get a lot of attention because he only played one full year as the starting QB. In which he lit it up.

Advertisement
People need to get over Shirreffs not getting offers. It does not mean he is not talented. David Njoku was an Al Golden special that people openly mocked. We don't need New Jersey kids! If Shirreffs sucked as badly as you all hoped he did, he wouldn't still be on the roster, and he certainly wouldn't be above Allison.

I swear, Richt says something good about the guy and here come the insults. I get it, he was recruited by Al Golden and didn't have offers, so he must suck. Or maybe, just maybe, he didn't get a lot of attention because he only played one full year as the starting QB. In which he lit it up.

You haven't figured out that most of the dudes on here are mildly functioning retards?

You haven't figured out that most of the dudes on here are mildly functioning retards?

I guess Mark Twain was right. Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Or maybe he is still on the roster bc we have VERY few options
- I hope I am wrong - I hope he is good enough to help us but according to the article even Miami didnt offer him a scholly until after the fact

If he lines up under center - I will cheer for the kid but as of today - I am nervous

Or maybe he is still on the roster bc we have VERY few options
- I hope I am wrong - I hope he is good enough to help us but according to the article even Miami didnt offer him a scholly until after the fact

If he lines up under center - I will cheer for the kid but as of today - I am nervous

I must admit, at the time I wondered who he was. Obviously was a plan B guy. The more I watched of his film and dug into his history a bit, the more impressed I was. He's not incapable of making plays, which these scrimmages don't bear witness to. I know he doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but we won titles with guys that didn't have the strongest arm on the team. We won titles with smart QBs that limited mistakes, and got the ball into the hands of their play makers.

I hope the best for all of them, and hope that whoever wins the job performs well. If they don't, whoever it is, they will have a mighty short chain. The starting job won't be set in stone until one guy proves it on Saturdays. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this competition goes into the season.

Advertisement

You said it.

I have never seen a group of so called "fans" root harder for a kid to fail. It's moronic.

My only theory is that the (barely) functional retards on this board are incapable of relating to a sentient being with intelligence beyond that of paramecium. So, the resentment bubbles over the top.

The kid may or may not be the starting QB. No one knows yet, not even Richt, but he very well could be.

Advertisement
Back