Article on Geron Christian UM 2015 OL Commit

Paranos

All-ACC
http://www.ocala.com/article/20140625/SPORTS/140629786?p=1&tc=pg

Celtics' Christian commits to Miami
By Ted Beck
Published: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 at 6:43 p.m.

Trinity Catholic big man Geron Christian has made quite a name for himself in a short period of time.

The 6-foot-6, 305-pound offensive tackle said he stepped foot on TC's campus during the spring semester this year as a raw offensive lineman.

"Last season (at West Port) was my first year on the offensive line, and I didn't really learn much," he said. "When I got here, (offensive line) coach (Frank) Beasley and the whole staff really helped me a lot with technique and stuff."

A few months of hard work have paid off for Christian, a rising senior who committed to the University of Miami on Tuesday.

"Very excited for Geron and his family," Trinity head coach John Brantley said. "I believe Miami is a perfect place for him. Geron came to us five months ago and bought into our program and had a tremendous spring.

"Coach Beasley did a great job in a short period of time and obviously it has paid off."

College coaches stopped by TCHS this spring to catch a glimpse of Christian and other highly regarded Celtics' prospects. What followed were invitations to camps at some of the state's biggest schools, including Miami, Florida and Florida State.

A Miami offer followed after impressing Hurricanes' coaches in Coral Gables a few weeks ago.

"(Miami's) tight ends coach came and visited here and liked me," Christian said. "And then I went down and met all their coaches. They were all real welcoming, and the campus is great, plus I'll get a great education."

Aside from Miami, Christian has also compiled offers from Arkansas, Mississippi State, Florida International, South Alabama, East Carolina, Florida Atlantic and Middle Tennessee State.

He said he is firm as can be on Miami right now but still plans to take all of his five official visits before signing day on Feb. 4, 2015.

"I'm still going to go through the process," Christian said. "Right now, I've gone to FSU and Florida, and I still like Miami the best."

Christian grew up playing basketball and is still one of the county's best — he was a Star-Banner all-county first teamer as a sophomore at Forest and second-teamer as a junior at West Port.

As far as football goes, he played tight end as a freshman at Forest and offensive line as junior at WPHS.

He said basketball as a senior is still up in the air.

"I'm still not sure about basketball," he said. "I'll see how my body feels after football season."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Welcome to THE U kid. Our kids went to Trinity Catholic for a few years(long time ago). Like most Catholic schools, it was a good school. Kid could get good shot at PT here in a couple years.

Biggest thing here is that he has visited FSU and fl and likes Miami best

You got that right.

Something tells me with John Brantley as the head coach at Trinity, and being only a short car ride away from Gainesville, there might be some gayturd bias around his school.

Advertisement
probably my most fave of the recruits we have is this kid.....huge upgrade to herman munster I mean Kevin Feder IMO

Hes a project but has the athletic ability to be a top notch tackle he's gonna get good coaching there **** get more offer the more tape they send out he's gonna blow by signing day off potential alone

Advertisement
probably my most fave of the recruits we have is this kid.....huge upgrade to herman munster I mean Kevin Feder IMO

You think so? I was intrigued by Feder's height and what some said was his flexibility (knee bend). I'd like somebody to tell me we didn't lose that much with Feder.

Advertisement
Back