Article just posted on ESPN"link"

Advertisement
The NCAA will never truly change from within. Any organization as insular as the NCAA is incapable of recognizing the fundamental changes required.

Only major external pressure in the form of a lawsuit or congressional investigation will bring about real reform.

This is no green colored glasses, but it is interesting she makes this statement after they leaked out the 170k, which the leak was to try and put Miami in a bad light again and take attention away from the investigation committee. Her statement does not help the committee in no way. When she talks about the walls they have put up, and that needing to change, she makes no mention of the UM case except for stating it being botched, never really tries to make a statement again of how the case is still good, and she obviously had the opportunity to do so in this statement, especially with what was leaked yesterday to reinforce the conviction and justification of the investigation and the NOA. I believe the possibility that those within the NCAA that think like her, are going to use the Miami case and outcome as the catalyst to make major overhauls within the NCAA. Personally, in order to do so, the outcome of the COI would have to be very favorable for UM, thus giving the executive office the opportunity to publicly be outraged at the investigative and enforcement office for, as she only stated this and nothing else pertaining to the UM case, botching the investigation, and thus giving them the wherewithal to make the justifiied changes. Thoughts

This is no green colored glasses, but it is interesting she makes this statement after they leaked out the 170k, which the leak was to try and put Miami in a bad light again and take attention away from the investigation committee. Her statement does not help the committee in no way. When she talks about the walls they have put up, and that needing to change, she makes no mention of the UM case except for stating it being botched, never really tries to make a statement again of how the case is still good, and she obviously had the opportunity to do so in this statement, especially with what was leaked yesterday to reinforce the conviction and justification of the investigation and the NOA. I believe the possibility that those within the NCAA that think like her, are going to use the Miami case and outcome as the catalyst to make major overhauls within the NCAA. Personally, in order to do so, the outcome of the COI would have to be very favorable for UM, thus giving the executive office the opportunity to publicly be outraged at the investigative and enforcement office for, as she only stated this and nothing else pertaining to the UM case, botching the investigation, and thus giving them the wherewithal to make the justifiied changes. Thoughts

I don't think the NCAA was the source of that leak. Doesn't jive with me. There is no visceral impact to $170k. The public has been primed by Robinson's hack job to expect benefits in the millions. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if that was a Miami leak. Could be wrong, but that's my gut.

I don't think the NCAA was the source of that leak. Doesn't jive with me. There is no visceral impact to $170k. The public has been primed by Robinson's hack job to expect benefits in the millions. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if that was a Miami leak. Could be wrong, but that's my gut.

I think it might have been, due to the fact, that the majority of people, I think don't even recall that Shapiro claimed millions of dollars, and as John Infante said in his interview with fat boy, anything over 100k is bad and cause for severe sanctions. Now the fact that there was no impact, and now you have this statement by the committee chairwoman the next day, would lead me to believe, and hope, that this looks promising for UM in June.

But perhaps you might be right, I can see UM leaking this out to further embarrass the enforcement committee, by showing how they screwed up, what everyone presumed to be true, a scandal that was in the millions, to now only be 170k, thereby publicly showing how much they screwed up. And that could be the reason why the chairwoman in an interview today, makes her statement, and again in referring to the UM case, only mentions the botching of it and nothing more

Last edited:
Advertisement
The NCAA will never truly change from within. Any organization as insular as the NCAA is incapable of recognizing the fundamental changes required.

Only major external pressure in the form of a lawsuit or congressional investigation will bring about real reform.

The NCAA is done. It has already been decided. In the last year, the commissioners of the Big Ten, Big 12, and SEC have publicaly questioned the effectiveness of the NCAA. The BCS schools will break away very soon and have their own basketball tournament in addition to the football playoff. It is all about the money. It is no coincidence that the BCS just opened up national headquarters in Dallas. They are going to take this thing over.

The NCAA is done. It has already been decided. In the last year, the commissioners of the Big Ten, Big 12, and SEC have publicaly questioned the effectiveness of the NCAA. The BCS schools will break away very soon and have their own basketball tournament in addition to the football playoff. It is all about the money. It is no coincidence that the BCS just opened up national headquarters in Dallas. They are going to take this thing over.

The BCS schools may well try to break off for football, but they won't mess with March Madness.

The BCS schools may well try to break off for football, but they won't mess with March Madness.

Right now, the NCAA gets the money from the tournament. Eventually the big boys will want an even bigger cut of that basketball money. Don't underestimate the greed of these people.

I think it was leaked by the NCAA. the dollar amount looks bad at face value BUT if you consider what it consists of it looks ridiculous

the NCAA spent 2.5 years to come up with nothing basically. 100K of that was some BS claims by Shapiro that Wilfork and Roller were paid off to sign with his company.

that was nearly 10 ******* years ago. give me a break. basically, the NCAA found a bunch of petty **** most that we already knew of and then decided to throw in teh Wilfork and Rolle payments to make the investigation look legit when in fact it makes it look stupid cus we all know **** well that that "info" came directly from Shapiro

I'm sure thats what Donna was so ****ed about

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back