Article: Edouard Grew Up A Miami Fan

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Hialeah (Fla.) quarterback Alin Edouard had a great season and is looking to improve upon it.

“I threw for 1,086 yards and 21 touchdowns with seven rushing touchdowns. I want to be more of a vocal leader. I’ve been too quiet at times when I need to speak up so I want to stand up more.”

Edouard is a junior who has collected three offers from FIU, Louisiana Lafayette and Ole Miss. The Hialeah quarterback is also attracting interest from Illinois, Cincinnati and Louisville.

One school that piques Edouard’s interest is the University of Miami.

“I went to a recruiting session in Miami and I met the coaches and players and I also went to the campus during the summer.”

Edouard was a fan of Miami growing up as a child and is also interested in the school's academics.

“I grew up a fan of Miami. I grew up watching them so that's another reason. I also like how coaches stress education because thats the most important for me.”

While Edouard will be working out during the summer, he is planning on attending a Miami camp.

Despite no contact between Miami and the speedy quarterback, he managed to talk a little about coach Golden.

“He is a great guy. He pulled me to the side and told me I’m a good kid and a good quarterback. I felt that meant a lot to me.”

Edouard has no set date for a decision but does know what he will be searching for when choosing a school.

“I just want a good coaching staff that won’t promise me anything because I can work for that and give me the opportunity to play.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Humble request....would it make sense to add the players ranking in Pete's top 50 so we can read the review concurrently with a new article on a prospect?!?

Humble request....would it make sense to add the players ranking in Pete's top 50 so we can read the review concurrently with a new article on a prospect?!?

Don't think he was ranked

He wasnt, but a kid like this will make alot of noise in the spring/offseason. Especially with the positive attitude he seems have. He will be ranked soon enough

Advertisement
Pretty raw in his footwork and in the pocket, but a better release and motion than Winky Flowers, for example. He needs an entire summer playing in camps and getting real coaching. I'm intrigued.

Pretty raw in his footwork and in the pocket, but a better release and motion than Winky Flowers, for example. He needs an entire summer playing in camps and getting real coaching. I'm intrigued.

He's a definite take in a big class.

Advertisement
Pretty raw in his footwork and in the pocket

That's what's making me hesitate as well. I'd rather go with Flowers if given a choice.

Too early to make a call on either, but if I'm the QB Coach, just going off what I've currently seen, I rather work with this dude.

Winky is a football player. There are legitimate arguments as to why he can bring value to the QB position at the college level, but I'm not sure he's going to overcome that release. The people who say "well, that can easily be worked on" have never tried to change mechanics of a basketball shot, throwing motion, golf swing, etc. It takes forever to avoid going back to the flawed motion in times of trouble.

That's what's making me hesitate as well. I'd rather go with Flowers if given a choice.

Too early to make a call on either, but if I'm the QB Coach, just going off what I've currently seen, I rather work with this dude.

Winky is a football player. There are legitimate arguments as to why he can bring value to the QB position at the college level, but I'm not sure he's going to overcome that release. The people who say "well, that can easily be worked on" have never tried to change mechanics of a basketball shot, throwing motion, golf swing, etc. It takes forever to avoid going back to the flawed motion in times of trouble.

This.

Edouard's release is pretty **** tight for a guy without much instruction

Advertisement

Of course it's to far early to call, but that's the fun of projection. This kid and Flowers definitely have things they need to work on, but I just think Flower's a gamer that I want on my team.

Besides, of course I'd much rather have a technically sound QB at the helm, but I've seen a lot of flawed QBs also win in college.

Advertisement
Back