Article: Coley is a 'Cane

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2013 Northeast (Fla.) Stacey Coley made his decision official on National Signing Day, but knew where he was going prior to Wednesday.

"I made my decision on Monday night. Me and my family went to my grandma's house and talked about it and then we called Coach Golden to tell him."

Golden was surely happy to hear that Coley wanted to be a 'Cane, and Coley described his future coach's response.

"It was breathtaking, he was happy and the words coming out of his mouth were indescribable."

Coley's main recruiter was originally George McDonald, until he left and was replaced by Brennan Carroll. However, the speedy receiver seemed excited about working with him.

"Coach McDonald was a good coach, and so is Brennan Carroll he is a cool dude, very laid back and I think he is a great coach I can work with."

When asked what made him choose Miami, Coley cited the family feel that he had with the players.

"Guys like Deon Bush, we have been through camps; Tracy Howard, I've been through it a couple times. "

When asked what he wants to accomplish while at Miami, Coley set his expectations pretty high.

"Break records while I'm there and also win a national championship. "

Coley seems eager to get down to Coral Gables now that he is officially a 'Cane.

"Oh, I'm really excited. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have picked Miami but I just can't wait to be a 'Cane now."

Advertisement
True fkin Cane, him picking us today I will always root for this kid hard no matter what. Today was a down day but the guys that signed I will be grateful for.

Advertisement
2013 Northeast (Fla.) Stacey Coley made his decision official on National Signing Day, but knew where he was going prior to Wednesday.

"I made my decision on Monday night. Me and my family went to my grandma's house and talked about it and then we called Coach Golden to tell him."

Golden was surely happy to hear that Coley wanted to be a 'Cane, and Coley described his future coach's response.

"It was breathtaking, he was happy and the words coming out of his mouth were indescribable."

Coley's main recruiter was originally George McDonald, until he left and was replaced by Brennan Carroll. However, the speedy receiver seemed excited about working with him.

"Coach McDonald was a good coach, and so is Brennan Carroll he is a cool dude, very laid back and I think he is a great coach I can work with."

When asked what made him choose Miami, Coley cited the family feel that he had with the players.

"Guys like Deon Bush, we have been through camps; Tracy Howard, I've been through it a couple times. "

When asked what he wants to accomplish while at Miami, Coley set his expectations pretty high.

"Break records while I'm there and also win a national championship. "

Coley seems eager to get down to Coral Gables now that he is officially a 'Cane.

"Oh, I'm really excited. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have picked Miami but I just can't wait to be a 'Cane now."

Love it

Advertisement
My favorite pickup in this class! Can't wait to see the FSWho tards getting burned time and time again by this BEAST!!! It's all about this > U!!!

Getting a top Qb/wr combo is a coup. Class complete. These two are the names that will define Miami in the future.

Advertisement
Huge get, been preaching for weeks that his kid will be our best receiver the minute he steps on campus

Coley was my second favorite recruit behind Artie Burns. You NEVER can have too many guys like this on your squad. Can you imagine the WR corp if Ermon Lane comes next year? LOL. After this morning I had given up on Coley coming. I too will be grateful to guys like Coley, Burns, Carter and the rest who stuck it out with Golden. I have a feeling there will be a few "Ivan McCartney" stories coming in the near future about guys wishing they would have came to UM. Golden is gonna get this thing going in the right direction..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back