Article: Burns Becomes 'Canes 4th commit for 2017

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
The University of Miami continued their success at Gulliver (Fla.) high school as they secured another commitment from 2017 running back Robert Burns.

Burns joins three other teammates who are committed to the Hurricanes and says getting a chance to play alongside them is something he cherishes.

“It means the world to me. I’ve been playing with those guys since pop warner, 10-11 years old. To get a chance to play together at the next level is great.”

The 5’11 205 pound running back noted that he has seen a difference in this UM staff and feels momentum growing within the program.

“Just looking at the development, what’s going on with Miami and the players they have. I felt the time was right and it’s something I prayed on.

Burns is entering his junior season with his team entirely focused on getting better and preparing for next season.

“A lot of our guys are doing track, which is something I think that has helped out. We also have a few guys who play 7 on 7 as well and that helps out big time.”

Burns ran for 462 yards and five touchdowns last season. While most would think Burns’ goal would be to set a rushing record, he’s more focused on the team aspect.

“My goal is to win each week. To get a ‘W’ added to our list every week; that’s my main goal. That’s my priority for the season and that’s about it.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
KId is ELITE, 5 star talent. We lucky to have the prep boys coming to the U.

The University of Miami continued it’s success at Gulliver (Fla.) high school as they secured another commitment from 2017 running back Robert Burns.

Burns joins three other teammates who are committed to the Hurricanes and says getting a chance to play alongside them is something he cherishes.

“It means the world to me. I’ve been playing with those guys since pop warner, 10-11 years old. To get a chance to play together at the next level is great.”

The 5’11 205 pound running back noted that he has seen a difference in this UM staff and feels momentum growing within the program.

“Just looking at the development, what’s going on with Miami and the players they have. I felt the time was right and it’s something I prayed on.

Burns is entering his junior season with his team entirely focused on getting better and preparing for next season.

“A lot of our guys are doing track, which is something I think that has helped out. We also have a few guys who play 7 on 7 as well and that helps out big time.”

Burns ran for 462 yards and five touchdowns last season. While most would think Burns’ goal would be to set a rushing record, he’s more focused on the team aspect.

“My goal is to win each week. To get a ‘W’ added to our list every week; that’s my main goal. That’s my priority for the season and that’s about it.”

4th commit.

If I recall correctly either am1640 or tokencane had mentioned to me the only issue with Burns is injuries.

Seen him live once. He really stood out and has freakish speed for his size and a little shifty too.

Already being at 5'11" 210 as a sophomore is crazy. Running a laser 4.5, 40 inch vertical. Scored a 118 sparq score over last off-season. Has the highest sparq score for his class year I believe.

Hope he works through his injuries, cause his ceiling is tremendous. Had hyped him up on here a few months back in some threads.

I have him as my #1 runningback in 2017.

This kid can easily be 220+ by the time he gets on campus. We have a poster here, I believe ErikMarreroU hangs out with him a lot.

Last edited:
The University of Miami continued it’s success at Gulliver (Fla.) high school as they secured another commitment from 2017 running back Robert Burns.

4th commit.

My mistake thank you!!

Advertisement
Kid is a stud. Incredible balance of speed and physicality and he's only a sophomore

The difference between FSU guys & Miami guys stated perfectly.

4th commit.

My mistake thank you!!

Title on article still has 3rd.

Burns Becomes 3rd commit for 2017

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back