Article - Arch Manning expenditures & Texas, UiF & UGA spending.

PIPO

Bathing in Nole Tears!!
Premium

Screen shot below for some of the numbers uncovered by The Athletic. Our friends in HogTown mentioned in article.

1663350074810.png

Advertisement
$630k seems like a lot but the article goes on to say that UGA spends $5-6M on recruiting per year. I assume that means transportation, meals/entertainment, activities, etc. Is it a stretch to say that UGA spends 500-600k on weekends as well?

$630k seems like a lot but the article goes on to say that UGA spends $5-6M on recruiting per year. I assume that means transportation, meals/entertainment, activities, etc. Is it a stretch to say that UGA spends 500-600k on weekends as well?
Yeah, that was a weekend spend only on one trip.

Advertisement
The following visit weekend, June 24-26, proved grander even without Manning. Though the itinerary was largely the same, the bigger scale with 14 official visitors left a deeper dent on the recruiting budget, as costs soared to nearly $350,000. The tab for both weekends combined approached $630,000.

Basically you are in Austin, for a weekend, staying at the Four Seasons, with an open tab there and an unlimited expense account everywhere else.

Advertisement
The following visit weekend, June 24-26, proved grander even without Manning. Though the itinerary was largely the same, the bigger scale with 14 official visitors left a deeper dent on the recruiting budget, as costs soared to nearly $350,000. The tab for both weekends combined approached $630,000.

Did anyone breakdown the $350k?

Advertisement
Yeah, that was a weekend spend only on one trip.

That's crazy. I don’t know **** but it feels to me like that's not sustainable long term for college football. Maybe it it....but that just crazy numbers to me.

That's crazy. I don’t know **** but it feels to me like that's not sustainable long term for college football. Maybe it is....but that just crazy numbers to me. I guess it will further separate the elite from the rest of them. Not a lot programs can spend like that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's crazy. I don’t know **** but it feels to me like that's not sustainable long term for college football. Maybe it it....but that just crazy numbers to me.
Yeah those big programs are going big business. Spend money to make money.

Not for nothing you guys, arch has played solid comp so far on the season and has balled out. 11 TDS, no picks. 5A Louisiana schools..

Advertisement
Back